Thursday, November 24, 2011

Blizzardy Day

Well life as I once knew it has changed dramatically in the past few months. I have gone from a stay at home mom with oodles of time and energy on my hands to a working mom with little or no energy. I am not complaining. Well, not at this moment.
My boys have had an adjustment period as well. I think my youngest especially. He's not used to not having his mom always at home for him,but we've made it work. My husband has had an adjustment period as well...for the exact same reasons as my youngest son. Some days I find myself infuriated with him, as he can come home from work at the same time as me, yet I am the one rushing around feeding the family and doing the errands...grrr...Oh well, I promised I wouldn't complain.(I'll save that for another post)
The weather outside is frightful today. On the way into work I started weaving through the road, and I'm sure I resembled Cruella Deville as I tried to miss sideswiping the vehicle in the lane next to me. That gave me the biggest adrenaline rush. To make matters worse I drove through the biggest puddle(lake) and by the time I got into the parking lot my van died. Of course I was stressed out. I said a little "911 prayer" and came back out to the van 10 minutes later and it started up with no issues. Thank you lord!
I have been busy in my free time doing the Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels work out dvds. These dvds are amazing. I'm hoping I stay focused so that come spring I will be ready to hit the pavement for some walk to run program. I'd like to try a spin class as well. I think that will keep me going for the winter. I have been trying to do the Eat Clean diet, but do find myself sometimes "cheating". My sugar intake has been minimal, which I am glad. I've done good with the carbs as well on the whole.
So where have I been? Between work, family, home..and facebook...I haven't been up to much else. I can kind of feel the winter blues coming up strong, so I need to make sure I do what I can to try and fight them off.
I hope everyone that reads this finds themselves well!!
Stay warm!
~Jenny

1 comment:

Rox said...

Drop the Facebook and come back to blogging! Seriously! I've missed reading so many of my favorite bloggers, and leaving Facebook? Best thing I ever did. It might work for you, too! :)

I'm not as strong as you (and many other women who work) I know I can't do it all as well as I'd want to, so in 18 months, that's when I'll get a career. I'm telling you, it's the longest 18 months of my life because I am ready Freddy! Believe it or not, I think you are doing your family a favor by forcing them to be more independent. Not like these spoiled rotters I live with...heehee! Good to hear from ya!

 
Designed by Lena