Sunday, December 03, 2006

Love and War

Scott and I usually can work well together. Well...I take that back. Usually we can manage to paint a room together and still be on talking terms after the job is done.
But.......
I'm over the edge...this Mamaliscious is cranked right out with her visit from Aunt Flow.
So it didn't go well...
Not at all.
We got the room painted, had a couple of hissy fits at each other(I must admit me freaking out over him with his music choice(I lost it when Bob Seger started playing...) was a little bitchy...I didn't have to say that he has the music taste of a 65 year old man!! I did apologize!!! Even though he is stuck on Classic Rewind)
The final straw for me was when I looked over and he was using my TWEEZERS (the best ever ones!!)to peel the tape off the walls!! Scott then said I was obsessed with tweezing my eyebrows (which on a normal unmenstruating day I do admit to being) and I called him Ernie...
OY...
But we kissed and made up(I tried giving him the silent treatment and my DH didn't notice I was given him the silent treatment)...
Next time we really will plan what time of the month we are painting.
Anyhow I'll post some pics tomorrow. I'm off to bed!
Hope all is well!
Jenny

5 comments:

Charlene said...

Sounds like fun! I was just bragging about you and Scott to my mom and saying how he lets you go for months just dreaming about colors and such, and he helps pick colors and so on and so on and then when it all comes down to it, you paint the walls together. What team work! And how I wished that the leading up to the painting process was easier here. I was saying, once we get to it, we get the job done quite civily but the "leading up to" can be hellish! I can't stand having to nag and nag and nag to get him to just say we can do it. But then I read your post and realized, same poop- different pile. No one has the whole thing worked out. I can't wait to see the pics! It was actually really encouraging! haha Talk to you soon for coffee!

Tanya said...

Atleast he helps you witht the painting!! I haven't had any help yet, and I've painted...um, let me see...every room in this house except for that bathroom of ours!!! Ya, fun times! Great advice though, to not even try to attempt any kind of teamwork with the hubby if Aunt Flow's stopping by for a visit!!

I'll have to stop by and see the colors myself...cause I know pics just aren't going to do it justice!

Chunks said...

Why did you call him Ernie? Does he have hairy eyebrows? I don't get it.

I love that you told this story. It's a very realistic and typical marriage story.

Jenny said...

Chunks, he used to have unruly eyebrows until he discovered, "manscaping..". So it was a jab. (I'm glad he discovered tweezers, his twin brother hasn't yet...)And yes I have many many stories unfortunately. I don't share them always though. You should have seen us trying to fix the snowblower the other day. Or us trying to get my snowboot off...(the laces were knotted and frozen...I had a really embarassing TEMPER tantrum)...oops, the list is endless...
Scott and I both have to work on patience with each other in a trying situation, especially when my mood is severely tempered.
Generally we do manage to work well together, it just has to be mid month.
I agree with Char every couple has their own different crap they have to deal with. Generally we paint well together, but we know not not to paint when Aunt Flow is visiting!!!!
Our next room we are painting is the work out room, and Scott and I are currently trying to figure out colours for this room.(He has his ideas and I have mine, so we'll see what colour we come up with!!)
I think this is what's great about being in a commited relationship. We can have little spats, then we are over it and can laugh about it the next day.

Anonymous said...

too cute...
for us, there has not been a year where we have not had it out when putting up the Christmas tree. This year was the best year so far, I only had one hissy fit and threw the string of lights down once. Once I had a cool down in my room, we were able to giggle about it. When our personalities start to clash....watch out.
My hubby wrecked my good hair scissors that I used to trim my eyebrows (I too am obsessed with making them perfect), now they have all these dents in them, and they don't cut properlly. Sheesh....men

 
Designed by Lena