Friday, December 01, 2006

Zitaliscious

Bloody hell!! Seriously I have the skin of a pubescent freaking teenager. Actually when I was a teenager I had beautiful skin. Today I actually look like I have measles. I'm booking a doctor's appointment and seeing if there's some kind of skin cream available.
To make matters worse when I was complaining to my husband(glad I wrote something nice about him the last post because....)about my skin he said, "maybe you should wash your face!!"
Okay men can be dumb and clueless at times(and so can women but I'm complaining about my INsignficant other right now)but that threw me right over the edge.
"Do you not think I wash my face?!" I said freaking.
"Yeah...I mean like give it an extra good scrub!"he replied, still not clueing into to who he was talking to.
"Scott I wash, exf*@kingfoliate and everything else a person's supposed to do and I'm still sprouting these things all over the place!"I stammered.
"Yeah...hmm... maybe it's the food you've been eating!"he replied.
"Yeah it's been stupid healthy crap!!!" and I stormed off.
I stomped upstairs and put a mudmask on. Then I came back downstairs and said,"it's supposed to be periomenopause and has nothing to do with anything I'm doing!"
And my Darling Husband replied, "Oh yeah, cuz you're getting old!"So I shot him a look that must have instantaneously castrated him and then stomped off!
I went upstairs and removed my mud mask.I decided I needed to have a positive outlook on the day. So what will a periomenopausal zitfabulous woman to do in a enraged state?...I decided to go out and pick up my paint from Canadian tire.
The lady at the store mixed the paint and of course, the dab she put on the can doesn't look exactly like what I wanted, but we'll see after I try it on the wall. Then the sticker she put on the can says, "tinted paint cannot be returned!" When did this policy start? Was it after I said to the lady, "if it's not the right colour I'm bringing this back!"
My mood began to change for the better at Zellers. I stocked up on cleaning supplies. I know it's bizarre, but buying "name brand" cleaning supplies always makes me feel lucky. When Scott and I were first married we were on a limited budget and I'd buy no name brand cleaning stuff and even had the bare essentials for cleaning. I always feel happy to stock up on cleaning supplies. Truly though, does a person need a seperate cleaner for the bathroom than the kitchen?
As I am writing this I am realizing how odd I am!! I hope I don't scare any of you away!!
Anyhow I am off to begin painting. (I have already used some of my Lysol Wipes and that brought a smile to my face...)
Thanks Tanya for lending us your amazing ladder!! We will return it after we do this room! I will take pictures!
I hope all is well with everyone!! (any advice on the zituation?...remedies???)
Take care!
Jenny

6 comments:

Chunks said...

It's your hormones baby! I've got worse skin now than ever, totally horomones. Try to drink lots of water, for awhile I took zinc and that helps a bit too.

You want to hear something sad? The wrinkle cream I bought (L'Oreal) is giving me eyelid zits. WHO KNEW YOU COULD GET ZITS THERE?!!

Perimenopause: In one hand you have zit-cream in the other you have wrinkle-cream, isn't that special?!

Christy said...

I go through the same skin problems. Right now I have that pregnancy "glow" I guess because my skin hasn't been given me any problems. But I also have changed my cleanser...I am using Cetaphil and it's great. It is cheap at Walmart.

I also get excited about buying name brand cleaning supplies. So if you are odd then so am I! We were in the same boat as you and I would buy one cleaner for every room but now it's nice to be able to buy a separate bathroom one etc...and I love buying that powered nice smelling carpet fresh stuff!

Charlene said...

I, sadly, have no advise but as I have said to you before, I suffer immensly with the same problematic skin. I on the other hand had horrible skin as a teen and I can't stand being a adult with that skin. I am going grey but my face looks like a teenager. Makes me wanna scream!!! Anyway, can't wait to see the new colour! Talk to you soon.

Tanya said...

Omega 3 fatty acids...I saw on a show yesterday that they help with PMS and your skin...worth a shot!!

Crystal said...

I have these great Norwex face cloths that have done wonders for my kids & my skin......even when my hormones are going crazy it seems like my zits are not nearly as bad......Omega 3 fatty acids work too.
I hope you are doing better now!

Tanya said...

If not caused by the food you eat,or hormones. It could be as simple as your skin could be dehydrated now it sounds weird but it so common and overlooked.

 
Designed by Lena