Monday, November 20, 2006

Love Sick OCD'ing Bitchy Woman

Scott is staying at my parent's house until Friday evening. He left yesterday and I am missing my hubby so much.
Of course we have talked on the phone 3 times today and emailed each other, but I miss sleeping with him. (although he ate chili last night at my mom's and had a beer~forget that I don't mind that I slept without him last night!!)
I'm stressing out over a major issue in my life....
Can anyone guess what this may be?
I don't know what colour to paint the entry way. Seriously I am OCD'ing over the colour choice of my entry way. I keep going back and forth in my mind what colour I want. I have it narrowed down to 3!! I'm hoping I can get a tester! I don't want the room to feel too dark, but I don't want the cheery light airy feeling either...
Man...decisions, decisions..
Oh right, I was talking about missing my husband. See what I mean, I keep thinking about paint colours!!
The leaky window has stopped and I have to say whoever invented the "Shop Vac" was amazing!! (thanks my bestest) We only had about 1/4 inch of water that was in the crawl space and the bottom of the stairs in the workout room had a bit of a wet carpet, so it wasn't a huge problem. Once I locked the window(the window wasn't closed properly, but Scott says that was irrelevant)we didn't have a water problem. Although I don't know if locking the window was in fact a solution, because it did stop raining around this time!LOL!
Apparently this will probably be a bigger job than expected. For now we can caulk around the windows and seal up the area. We have a cement pad walkway that takes us along the house to the basement door. As you start to walk along the walkway it looks like the cement has seperated a little from the house and it looks like the previous owners had used cement caulking between the cement and the house. This has all come undone. Plus Scott figures that we need to bring in some gravel to level out the holes that causes the water to pool in our driveway.....
But for now the leak has stopped and the water is all gone...sucked into the shop vac!
I really don't know whether to do a chocolate brown, greenish gray or...there I go again!!
I went into Your Decor the other day and was drooling at some floor samples.I can't wait until we tile the floor this year! Unfortunately we will have to wait a few months to tackle that project. For now we have decided to get custom wood (painted white) Levolor blinds for the bay window in the living room. So we are going to have someone come down and do the measurements. We were going to chinz out, but Scott and I both decided that we might as well do what we want to do, rather than having to redo it down the road. I'm excited that we will have privacy in our living room! (Marvin Gaye eat your heart out!!)
Besides that nothing else is exciting. I'm starting to feel pretty bitchy...PMS!!!("ooh oooh bitchy woman see how much she'll wh-i-ine..."~sung to Witchy Woman by the Eagles) Stay outta my way Mamaliscious is Bitchaliscious!
I didn't workout today or clean my house! (Mondays are usually cleaning days...I always say Mondays are, but I always end up taking Mondays off and end up doing it on Tuesdays...confused??)
Instead I lounged around. Spent some time watching HGTV. I made cookies.
And I contemplated what colour to paint my entryway!! Okay...missing Scott, missing Scott...I'm going to think about how much I miss my lover boy! It's so lonely around here without him!
Anyhow I am going to play a quick hand of poker and then call it a night. I have to workout tomorow in the morning and then I need to do a few errands around town.
Hope all is well with everyone!
Take care!
Jenny

6 comments:

Chunks said...

Mine's gone too and I gotta say, "I ain't missin' you at all!" hahah! It's a nice break.

Spend a couple of dollars and get little cans of each paint you love, spread it on the walls and decide which you like better. It's cheaper in the long run than painting it the wrong color. Sounds like your house is settling?

Your bitchy is my nice, I can't handle it! LOL!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I'm having issues like that with my whole house.. which is why 3 years later only 1 room is painting and there is poly fila decorating most walls...

UGH

I feel for you!

Crystal said...

Oh Jenny....you are so funny....I am having some of the same issues (not the bitchy ones, just paint) There are some colors I don't really like in my new house so I am contemplating what colors I should change them to....one is a bright red room......the other ones are bright yellow....bright blue in my bedroom just doesn't work with my decor but.....anyways those are my issue's .... lol.... I hope your hubby comes home soon...
Blessings

Devo said...

Hi Jenny, I finally got a Google account so I could get on here!! I am not techie I tell ya! Missing them is good, then you love them so much when they get back!! Home decorating is a never ending quest isn't it? I have torturous times choosing colors as well. It really can be an all consuming obsession! Best of luck, I'm sure it will be gorgeous, like the rest of what you've done so far. Devo

Connie said...

go with the brown!
:)
i think i'm falling in love with you!... (that was a joke!!!) but... ohmygosh!... you crack me up!!!!

Janelle said...

i know what you mean about not sleeping with your hunny ( minus the chili & beer! haha). i can't sleep when ROd isn't there...it sucks.
you should post your paint colors & we'll give you opinions! ohhh, exciting!!! and did you get the e-mail about our color?

 
Designed by Lena