Monday, January 09, 2006

Day 7 and all is well

Day 7 without sugar or bread. I have kept up with all of my workouts and I am happy to report that I have lost (drumroll please...) 7 pounds!! I am sure some of the weight has been from tears for not being able to eat my chocolate or cookies,but a couple pounds could be from good hard work!!
I realize that I will not live my life without occasionally eating sugar and bread, but I want to jumpstart my system and try to get things rolling. Today I started the protein shakes and the greens. The greens are hard to take,because I mistakenly bought a "fruit flavoured" greens and the smell was putrid. I did drink what I was going to but it took a lot of effort. We'll see with the greens. I'll try them and see if they do make a difference.
I bought a water jug from Walmart that holds 8 cups of water in it so I know that I am getting enough water in the day. It seems to be working.
Tomorrow I have my lower body workout to do. I do not like doing lunges and squats, but I guess it has to be done (see how enthusiastic I am!!).
I feel great!! I am enjoying the exercises and I feel energized by my healthy eating!
I sure hope it continues! I mean...it will continue!!
Stay fit!
Jenny

5 comments:

jon said...

HELPFUL WEIGHT LOSS TIP:

You can tame some of those food cravings with alcohol and cigarettes!

Just kidding, keep up the good work ;)

Crystal said...

Keep up the good work Jenny!
I admire your courage

Tanya said...

Yay Jenny!
We are going to get through this battle of the bulge together!! We'll both be un-booba like this summer!

andrew + camille said...

i wanted to tell you i really really enjoy reading your posts... you are a captivating writer! I was reading thru some archived stuff and was blown away that ROSIE commented on your post!!

wow.

Jenny said...

Jon: I know that wine sits very well with me!!! That's something I won't give up!!
Crystal: I told my father who doesn't believe in God that there must be a God for both of them not to come out of the accident unscathed. I said, "he's just not ready to be dealing with you quite yet!" I know it isn't just luck!
Camille: Thanks for the compliment! I was happy when Rosie commented,but I am equally happy with comments from my fellow blogger pals.

 
Designed by Lena