Sunday, July 24, 2005

Number Seven

The 4 boys (husband included) were watching "The Magnificent Seven" last night. Everyone was deeply engrossed with the movie when I came in jumped into bed and began to watch. I was going to get up and leave when Jonas turned to his dad and asked, "daddy, do cowboys ever toot?"
"Toot, what do you mean?"Scott questioned.
"You know dad, faht,(that's how he pronounces the word) like a noise that comes out from this end!" he explained, while pointing (with a big smile on his face) to his butt.
"Umm...I guess so.."Scott answered.
"Well how come you never hear them let one go when they jump off the horses? Grampa Ross said even the Queen lets farts go!" he reasoned.
"In real life cowboys fart, but on tv they don't show them!" Scott replied.
"Oh, I've always wondered about that!" he smiled and went back to his movie.
The things that five year olds think about while watching "The Magnificent Seven". Jonas was right about Grampa Ross and the Queen, but Grampa was trying to make a point similar to the one where "Your blood's still red..." if you know what I am getting at.
The boys and I spent the afternoon with their Auntie Shari. We went raspberry picking and went swimming in a private, serene swim hole. It was a beautiful day: the weather was wonderful and we all had a fun visit.
We got home in time to celebrate Lance Armstrong's Tour De France victory with Scott. I had tears of joy in my eyes as I watched him complete the final circuit of the Champs d'Elysee. He truly is a hero. As we watched and toasted his victory Gavin came into the room, looked up at the tv and said, "Daddy Lance yay!" It was hilarious!!
As I mentioned the weather has been truly wonderful today. I do hope that tomorrow's weather will be as nice.
The boys are still up and I need to get everyone into bed. I leave you with this quote for the day:
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on."-Lance Armstrong
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena