Thursday, May 12, 2005

Karma

Had an absolutely crappy day! It started out fine. I got up early and Gavey and I set out to watch and videotape Jonas' Running for (not so much) Fun. I had to make a quick stop and hit the ATM so that I could cover pledges (Jump Rope for Heart) for Scott's work mates. (I hope we don't get stiffed!). Anyhow Gavin and I quickly ran into the bank machine and when I came out I noticed the passenger door of our mini van was slightly open. At first I thought that I had left it open a little, but then I realized that our $1500 Sony camcorder was gone!!! I never (well can't say never cause I just did) leave the doors unlocked. Couldn't believe it. The most heartbreaking thing about the theft was that there was a tape in the camcorder with 8 months worth of clips. Gavin's second birthday, Jonas' first day of kindergarten, the boys at their Christmas concert, all of our family's crazy dances to Elvis and Country music. I am crying just thinking about all those images that have been thrown away! The sad part is that the tape was probably discarded and thrown away without any after thought. 8 months of our lives have just been tossed!! Oh well, I believe that there is lessons from every mistake. I cannot believe I didn't lock the door, and I am not sure what the lesson from this will be. (of course, the obvious: lock your vehicle's door!) The good news (if any) is that we will be covered under our house insurance. I have to stop thinking of all the images that were captured and now are lost. I still have all our memories and I am trying to relive and remember those precious ones before they are forgotten.
I thought Scott would have been really upset, but he has been supportive. He told me not to blame myself, and "we'll always have those images, they might just be a little fuzzy!" Coming from the man who has a tantrum when the dishes aren't done. He is the best!!
Anyways, I know that in the big frame of life this isn't a catastrophe, but in my simple and happy life, it is damn well near one.
Besides that, nothing else is new to report.
I do believe in Karma, and "what goes around, comes around". I take pleasure in knowing that whoever took our memories without an afterthought will have their due course. "Payback is a bitch!" I asked my mother-in-law today if maybe I was getting payback for stealing the rolling pin set when I was 4. You never know! If that's the case I am "even steven". (Do you like all the phrases I am using tonight?)
Have a good evening!
Jenny

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Man, that sucks! So sorry for you.
I believe in Karma too. They will get theirs.

 
Designed by Lena