Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Not a Day Over 19

Buzz has been MIA for the last 3 days. For those of you unfamiliar with "Buzz" he is an action hero that has become best friends with my 2 year old. We can thank McDonald's for the pairing. Yes we cannot find Buzz anywhere. I am sure he will turn up somewhere, but it is heartbreaking listening to Gavin looking high and low for his beloved Buzz. He wanders around the house and the backyard saying "Buzz...Buzz?". We went to the school to pick up Jonas from kindergarten today and Gavin looked at the principal and said, "Buzz?". Yesterday he followed me to the bathroom and looked up at me like a lost puppy dog. He then shrugged both his shoulders and said, "Mommy, Buzz?"
"I don't know where he is hunny!" I answered trying to be reassuring.
"Ohhh no!" he shrugged and walked away in despair. I am uncertain whether or not Buzz is MIA (missing in action) or has become a POW of Gavin's. Probably he has been stuffed somewhere where he shouldn't have been stuffed. He'll turn up when we are least expecting it.
We have been having problems with the VCR. Yesterday Gavin had misplaced his "Soothie" (pacifier) and I was searching high and low for it around the house. Finally I asked Gavin where he put it and he responded, "dup-ah-dah", which I can translate for you as "video". I went to the VCR in our bedroom and looked into it and lo and behold the "soothie" was stuffed in it (string and all!). Along with the soothie I discovered: 2 small cars, 8 dry mini wheats, 2 game cube disc games, a batman action figure and 2 star wars action figures. No lie! I couldn't believe what the VCR's can hold. Needless to say, my hubby was not "atall" impressed with the treasures that I was pulling out of the VCR. No wonder why it wouldn't work! It kind of made me chuckle though. That's why I am under the impression that Buzz is POW somewhere least expected. (Hopefully not the toilet!)
Scott came in from work last night and was immediately impressed with the hard work I had done on cleaning the floors. Of course I asked him whether he noticed that I had washed the floors. He responded with, "Yeah I can tell, but I can really SMELL that you've been cleaning!" The trick works like wonders!
Seamus earned another 25km ribbon yesterday and is quite impressed with himself. He also got a free bowling pass and a free Happy Meal. Jonas was a little grumpy that he hasn't got a ribbon yet,(or free stuff) but I explained that Shay has been working hard at running the extra laps.
"Hmm...you can just buy me the Happy Meal then right Mommy!" he smiled. He wouldn't want to break into "sweats" to achieve it!
Scott is in a golf scramble tomorrow morning and afternoon. He asked me to pick up a couple of beer to put in the cooler (which in his definition is a dozen!). I went to the liquor store this afternoon and after carefull scrutiny picked out his "couple" of beer. I brought the beer to counter and smiled to the clerk.
"ID please!" she demanded. (Swear to God this is the truth!!)
"Are you kidding?" I asked.
"Can I please see your ID?" she asked.
I pulled out my Id and said, "You have no idea how you have made my week! Thank you! I bet you it's the braces, heh?"
"Oh you are okay. The braces,no, I wore them at your age!" she replied.
Your age. I swear this woman was my age!! Maybe it was a practical joke, I was expecting that I was being taped for Candid Camera, but I left the liquor store thinking "the wrinkle cream is worth all the money baby!!" Scott phoned me from work and I told him what the cashier said. His husband of the year quote was: "No way!!" Quite reassuring that one is!
I must leave now. The boys just discovered "Toad" from last summer and are extremely happy. Gavin is getting overzealous and Shay will be devastated if something unfortunate happens to the toad. Personally I do not care for Toads at all. They are kind of creepy.(Reminds me of a pickle with warts!) I must go and referee and set up a safe haven for "Toad".
Boys-"Of all wild beasts, the most difficult to manage."-Plato
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

2 comments:

lightfeather said...

OMG! I would PAY to have someone card me! LOL!

Karen Schmautz said...

What is the name of your wrinkle cream? Gotta have it.

Probably Buzz is with our remote control for the VCR...been looking for it for years.

 
Designed by Lena