Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Boys Only

We had an uneventful weekend. The weather was splendid: warm and sunny! We spent most of all the weekend outdoors. Scott went fishing with his Newfie buddy Al. He told me that he could guarantee a stealhead. He came home at 5:30 pm Sunday after 8.5 hours of fishing.
"Did you get fish?" I questioned.
"You betcha," he smiled, "a whole bag!"
There in the bag were 4 large cans of pink salmon that Al had given us. Oh well, he did bring home fish!
Did everyone watch the Oscars? I thoroughly enjoyed them as I do every year;however, I wasn't overly impressed with Chris Rock as the host. I think he tries too hard to be outrageous and it doesn't sit well with me. The dresses were amazing, and the bling!! I wouldn't mind a sliver of the bling that most wore!
Gavin is busy getting into everything. He bounces everywhere...one step...two bounces...one step...two bounces...I call him my little Tigger! (or Tigga-tigga as Gavin calls his bouncy idol). Yesterday I went into my bedroom and he was balancing on my foot rail, ready to jump! I just about had a heart attack!
The boys went for a couple of bike rides this weekend. Seamus got a skookum mountain bike from Grampa and Gramma for Christmas, so he was very proud in learning how to shift the gears and to use the hand brake. Jonas is going to learn how to ride Shay's blue bike aka the daddy bike (because it looks like Scott's old mountain bike). He is excited, but a little timid.
Scott has begun the task of 'researching' for a new mountain bike. Basically it entails finding the most expensive bike online and deciding which overly-priced bike he needs. Note the word "need", according to Scott he "needs, not wants" the hydraulic brakes! The top of the line components are needed, why? I presume these components will make him go faster! How? I am not sure! Oh well, if that's what he needs to spend our money on! I think I will tell him I need a new diamond ring...my finger will look so much better! (yah right!)
Today it is cold outside and looks as if it will rain. Spring has sprung!! I hope that it is not raining on Friday, because Scott and the two boys are going trout fishing! They are all stoked at going. I told them that I could get Gramma to watch Gavin and Josey said "No girls allowed-Sorry Mommy!" Trained at the age of 5!
I am still going strong with the Body for life program. I am enjoying the aerobics and the weight training. Hopefully I will keep motivated! Don't I sound optimistic? (not!)
I must go now and put Gavin down for his nap.
Here is the thought for the day:
"It is as hard to see one's self as to look backwards without turning around."-Thoreau
Have a great day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena