Friday, February 25, 2005

The Resurrection

We had a minor tragedy in our home that occurred last night before bedtime. Spike, our beloved Bala shark, was found dead at the bottom of our fish tank. Poor Shay started to bawl, and Jonas tried his damnedest to cry (to no avail). I quickly scooped him out and ran to the bathroom to flush him down the toilet and there in the toilet was Scott's pajama pants! (Gavin had tried to flush them down the toilet!) I scooped out the dripping pants and flopped Spike into the toilet...when the boys heard the flush of the toilet, Seamus started to cry, and Josey started to laugh "She flushed him down the toilet," chuckle, chuckle...
The cause of our fish's demise was that the filter box had never been properly cleaned! Scott and I both assumed that changing the filter and cleaning the tank was all that was involved with the maintenance. Unbeknownst to us, the filter box, and the hoses must be thoroughly washed and flushed when you do a filter change. Yikes! It was absolutely disgusting!!
Scott came home from work this morning (he is on nights) and I proceeded to tell him of the death of Spike. Like the rest of us in mourning, he was saddened by his demise! Jonas came running into our bedroom to tell us that Whitefish (a white silver dollar fish) was (gasp!!) dead! Scott quickly jumped up and ran into the boys room and sure enough Whitefish was a floater! Scott became sidetracked and before he could scoop the fish out he decided to fix the thermostat. After fixing the thermostat he went to scoop out Whitefish and I heard him screech..."He's alive boys, he's alive!!"
Sure enough, Whitefish for whatever reason was resurrected! We were all happy, but I did tell the boys that perhaps Whitefish wasn't feeling so great, so for them to expect the worst at any given time! We're not sure how he came back to life, but the important thing is he did!
Gavin was trying to ride his trike yesterday. He hasn't got the concept of pedalling yet, but he is trying! He looks so cute on the bike!
The weather has been beautiful: brisk and spring-like with sunshine throughout the afternoons!
We have no big plans for the weekend. I was hoping that this weekend I would be in Hollywood enjoying the Oscar celebration, but oh well! Thanks for nothing, Oprah! I was watching Oprah today and Scott walked in the living room.
"Those are the winners of the Oscar challenge, hun" I muttered.
"Oh yeah, she's a single parent though, probably they thought she deserved it more than you!" he tried to sound reassuring.
"Hmm...bitch!" I answered in jealousy. (just joking)
Anyways nothing else is exciting these days...I followed through with all my exercise ambitions this week and lost 4 pounds! I am quite excited! I hope that I don't fall off the program this weekend.
It is time for me to go and prepare for my boys a gourmet meal of "Saucisses fumees au boeuf" aka hotdogs.
I leave you with this quote:
"One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name."-Thomas Osbert Mordaunt
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena