Wednesday, February 23, 2005

"Oh Shoot!"

It's been a few days since I have blogged. I have been busy with volunteering at the school and trying to get in shape. Oh the joys of getting fit! As a result I have had a migraine for the last 24 hours, the culprit: no sugar and limited carbs! I should just join the Fat Body for Life program. It would be so much easier to accomplish! (Hell I am already there!)
The boys are all doing well. At school the other day a boy piped up and told us that his mom's friend had a shark toothed necklace.
"Isn't that wonderful!" Mrs. Vidal answered in her sing-song voice.
"Yeah, "Dylan replied, "and sometimes her friend stays overnight!"
Probably too much information for the kindergarten class and the teacher to know! We both chuckled...
I made Jonas a book titled "The ABC's of Josey D". I cut out from A-Z all the pictures of his favourite Star Wars and Lord of the Ring characters. It seems to be helping him with the alphabet. Half the battle is keeping his attention. I hope that this will help him keep focus. I resorted to bribery tonight. He was telling me that if he had his own money he could buy some good stuff.
"Well...if you study hard and learn your letters than maybe you can earn extra money!" I replied.
"Really....cool!!" Josey answered. I am sure that certain psychiatrists would be apalled at this incentive, but it is worth trying! All we are asking is that Jonas TRIES to the best of his abilities! We'll see...
Gavin has begun spitting!! Oh, how lovely it is to see a 2 year old trying to spit! That is something I need to work on as well. He learned another couple of words this week, "Moke" (smoke), "moon" (self explanatory) and "Shit" (yes can you believe that?!).
My mom and I were watching TV at my parents house. Gavin dropped something (his "bicka bicka" (pickle) I believe) and he said to himself "Shit!". Obviously I say that word too much. I am now trying hard to purge the "shit" outta my life!
Seamus is doing well these days. They are having a concert in the next couple of weeks and Seamus has a solo on the xylophone. He is playing the solo of a grandfather clock! He is excited! It should be cute!
Scott came home last night from a workshop with the BC Feds and had a pin for Seamus.
"I got Shay a 'Count Me Out' pin" he said while showing me the pin.
"Well, hun...they won't be asking you to help with the campaign...the slogan is 'Count Me In!" I sarcastically added. We both chuckled!
I have thought of a new game that I might invent. Do you know those matching games? Tonight when I was trying to match all my socks I thought to myself this is so much like a memory game! Why not invent a game where someone has to match the socks out of the hamper? Sounds good to me! I was never good at those memory games. Needless to say, my hamper full of socks is evidence of my lack of skill in that area!
It was a beautiful day today! I took the boys for a walk in the back trails. I hope the weekend's weather is good. Scott is off for 3 days and we want to take the boys for a couple of "mini-hikes!"
Anyhow CSI-New York is starting in the next few moments! I am going to sit back and have a cup of tea.
I will leave you with this thought for the evening:
"True words aren't eloquent;
eloquent words aren't true.
Wise men don't need to prove their point;
men who need to prove their point aren't wise."-from the Tao te Ching
Have a good night!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena