Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Ladies Man

We decided to enjoy the dry weather yesterday afternoon by taking the boys for a walk. Jonas, Gavin and I were waiting outside while Scott was looking for the dog leash. "And, JUST so YOU know, "my husband proceeded to tell me, while pointing his finger at me, "I would appreciate(stretched this word out for 10 seconds) the dog leash to be hung up in the coat room. Could you do that for me?"
"Certainly, "I answered nonchalantly.
"And, if the next time it isn't hung up where IT SHOULD be, I have the right to get mad"he added.
"Well it hasn't stopped you from getting mad," I answered, "and for the record (You go girl!) if you point and wave your finger one more time at me, you can find another woman who'll put up with your 'attitude' !"
"Okay!" he responded and off we went for our walk.
We were half a block down the road when Josey piped up, "Daddy when you pick up another lady what will you do with mommy?"
"Umm, Jose, I won't be picking up any ladies, mommy wouldn't be too impressed buddy, "Scott added. We both looked at each other and chuckled. Lesson learned: watch what is said in front of your children, the words could easily be misinterpreted. Who knows what was said to Mrs. Vidal (Kindergarten teacher) this morning...
Seamus is learning two more instruments. When we got his report card in December (the report card was excellent I might add!) his weakest comments were in Music. Mrs. Green felt that Seamus wasn't "in tune" when he sang. My dad was ripped! "I feel like going down and showing her how well he can sing!" he added. "Music runs in our family, " he boasted. Sure it does dad...our cousin is musically talented as well as our uncle, but the music genes are passed on through my Uncle, not my Aunt(who is my dad's sister). The only musical talent that the Slezaks have to offer is the talent of being 'tone deaf'. Oh well...and to the point at hand. Seamus is learning the drums and the xylophone! I bet a person could play a lot of different music with the xylophone. He is proud of his accomplishments and demonstrated to me yesterday the talent it takes to play the xylophone. "I play in 'C' and 'F' " he added while mimicking the motions to a song. I didn't even know there was a 'C' or a 'F' on a xylophone. You learn something new everyday!
Josey woke up this moment and declared, "I don't think I'll be going to school today mommy!"
"And why is that ?" I questioned.
"Cause I don't want to get outta bed!" he answered.
Don't you wish it was all that simple? Everyday I don't want to get out of bed. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get up and go when we felt like it? The only problem is some days I probably wouldn't leave the bed...and Scott thinks the house is out of order now!
We 'ran' Gavin yesterday afternoon. He has been sleeping awful these days and we figured if we took him for a big walk it would wear him out. Well, by golly, he slept all through the night. The only thing that sucks is that it is pouring down rain so I can't 'run' him this afternoon. Maybe we could do laps around the playroom. Hmm, that might help...
I have 3 addictions in my life, and they are as follows: 1. brushing and flossing my teeth. 2. plucking my eyebrows 3. cleaning my ears with Q-tips. So I will leave you know and do all three of my addictions in one fell swoop! Probaby too much information for the average person.
A side note: it is Wet, Wet, Wet today! Which in "Jenny's weather forecast" equates to a downpour! An inside day...
I leave you with this thought for today:
"I believe a work of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars."-Walt Whitman
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena