Sunday, January 30, 2005

Two Doors Down

My dog is our doorbell. Gypsy lets us know of anyone who stops by our house. The other day we were sitting around when the "doorbell (aka Gypsy) " rang. I looked outside and it was BC Hydro. The BC Hydro employee was looking at our hydro thingamigingy(meter), and walked up towards the door. "Are you 2265?" she questioned. "No, our addresse is 2263, and it has been since I have lived here!" I answered. "Well, " (you know there is a problem when the response begins with 'well'), "we got a letter from regional district saying that your address has been changed over to 2265". "Why on earth would they change our addresse," I questioned. The long and short of it is that yes, indeed, our addresse had been changed. Why? (all the strange occurences always happens with Scott and I) When our street had been assigned numbers someone had mistakenly screwed up the numbers. So after many years the regional district has decided to fix the problem. So we are now 2 doors down...
(until they physically change our house number I will keep our old addresse).
The boys had a busy weekend. Yesterday Josey spent the afternoon at Rambo's. When I went to pick Josey up from Rambo's house, they were all sitting outside in the hot tub. "Whoa, look at you, "I yelled enviously. "Mom, this is the life..." was Jonas' response.
Seamus had Stephen over for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. Then he went for a sleepover at his friend's (Rylin) house. When I picked him up this morning, he sluggishly got into the van. "Mommy, I need to go home and have a nap!". Poor Seamus! He is so used to going to bed by 8 pm that a late night throws him for a loop. Needless to say, he was falling asleep doing his homework. He is now napping....(zzzz!)
My parents came over for dinner last night. It was entertaining! My dad can't hear, so he yells. People were interrupting each other left, right and center...At one point I snuck out to the computer. Too loud, and busy for my liking.
Anyhow we are not doing anything (again) today. The weather is mild, and not wet. Gavin was up at 2 am in the morning watching "Finding Neemo". He got to bed at 3:45 am and was up at 8 am. I am tired, so I think I will leave and have an afternoon nap.
I leave you with this quote: "1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.- Albert Einstein"
Well out of the clutter and chaos of last night's discussion I did manage to take the 'opportunity' and sneak away from my company and take a moment to myself. It's the little things in life...
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena