Sunday, January 23, 2005

Love and Marriage

Nothing much of excitement has transpired since I have last posted. The weather is wet, wet. Isn't it funny how to describe something you repeat the word. It's not just wet, but "Wet, wet!!"Another phrase I was laughing at is, so and so will be back in a "good" hour. Can an hour actually be "bad, or good?". I find myself repeating these phrases and the funny thing is my children do the same. ("mommy, Gavey is being "Bad, Bad!")...
Josey and Shay accompanied Grandma and Grampa on a walk yesterday to Ferry Island. My dad is supposed to be resting and taking care of his eye (from the surgery), but I think that he doesn't think it is a big deal to trek along slippery, icy trails in the woods. Anyways Jose said to my dad as they started to embark on the trek "Grampa, just remember to be "cautious"." Dad today was chuckling at the lecture from Josey. He said that he is amazed at the words that come out of his mouth. (I think we all are!)
Jonas is another natural bowler. He got the highest score at his bowling party and was very proud of himself indeed. I know we need to go as a family bowling, but I can't get over the idea of sticking my feet in a bunch of dirty bowling shoes. I know that I have problems. Maybe I can buy myself a pair...
Seamus cleaned up the basement for Oma. For Oma, hmm, more like for Daddy. Anyhow, it is all cleaned and straightened up. Scott came home this morning in a panic. "Jenny, Jenny!" (pretending to be asleep I didn't answer at first), "how much have you accomplished? I hope YOU know that I am not going to be ANY (and he seems to stretch this word out of his mouth for what seems like a "good" minute) kind of help to you tomorrow." "Yeah I know that, but if it doesn't get done than it's no big deal", I answered sleepily (knowing damn well that my marriage was on the line if "the List" didn't get done". "HMPH!!(another stretched out word)".
And he left it like that...
Gavin has been a very good boy today!! His biggest thing that he likes to do is look me in the eyes and plant a "huge" kiss on my lips. Josey saw him do that and said "he sure is romantic?"
Last week when I brought home a movie for the boys to watch, I also brought home a bag of chips for each of them. I gave Josey his chips and he came into the kitchen and said, "mommy, at this moment I am SO much in love with you!". (Note to myself stock the cupboards with chips).
Speaking of romance...I said to my gorgeous husband the other day, "Scott, Valentines Day is coming up Hey!", Scott looked at me and replied, "We don't buy each other anything anymore, right (nervously), we just go out for something to eat?!". Talk about romance! I guess that 5 carat ring I have been dreaming of for the last 65 pounds isn't going to be given to me. Oh well, a night without the children... I'll take that anyday!
Well I better go and finish up "the List". The "HMPH", will be replaced by vulgarity if the house isn't up to his standards by the time Scott gets home.(12 hours and counting)...
Anyways, I leave you with a little thought:
"Even a good thing isn't as good as nothing."-Zen saying
Have a great day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena