Saturday, January 22, 2005

Honey To Do...

My husband is a list fanatic. He has his "dailies" that he leaves for me by the coffee pot in the morning. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks I am simple, because the instructions he leaves for me I would hope I would remember (don't forget to get gas in the van: really, it's on EMPTY, I don't think I can drive too far!). I understand the notes,but I kind of think the phone calls from work reminding me to do what he left on the list are a little obsessive. Oh well, maybe that is his excuse to hear his wife's beautiful voice (I think he needs to remind me about the list).
Speaking of "things to do", here is a list of things that need to be done before Wendy comes (according to Scott).
1)Clean the house (understandable)
2)vacuum the basement (yes I agree)
3) sweep and wash the laundry room/utility room (a little excessive)
4) clean the van
5) go through Gavin's toy box to see what he's not using ( he uses everything in it!)
6) clean up the computer desk (doesn't want his mom to see "clutter")
Basically, Scott could have left me a note saying "make sure the house is clean, and clean the van". Sometimes it is hard having a husband who is obsessed with living in a clean house. I am neat and clean, don't get me wrong, but sometimes with kids you need to cut a little slack.
The worst about Scott is the newspaper. Every time I get the newspaper and if I leave the room, by the time I get back to read it, Scott has already thrown it away. (I am totally serious!)
It's gotten to the point where I purposely hide it so he can't throw it away.
On to an entirely different subject, the boys...All are well. We are trying to come up with a game plan to curb Gavin from his "squeals". (yikes!!) I knew that the problem was serious yesterday when I realized Scott was watching (gasp!) Oprah. Oprah had the "Nanny" on to help families with their problem children. Scott was mesmerised and took down mental notes. We have started to do the time out, but our problem is the consistency. If we can get this managed our lives (and ears) will fare much easier.
Seamus has no real social plans this weekend. He spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon with his friend "Sidney from Saskatoon". ("she has real long blond hair mommy" is how he starts off his conversations about "Sidney from Saskatoon"). Shay starts every conversation about anything with "did you know ". "Did you know mommy that I got a perfect spelling test?" and "did you know mommy that we had macaroni for hot lunch, and did you know that ..."(it is cute, but you did know that).
Josey has a birthday party at the bowling alley tomorrow. He is really excited. So we are off to Walmart to buy a present today. He informed me it has to be a "cool present, so I(Josey) better pick it". Geez, doesn't say much for my gift picking skills.
Anyways the weather is gloomy and rainy. Not too cold, how cold I don't know. I better go and start working thru this list of mine: 1) clean the house... (imagine if I didn't?!)
I leave you with another quote :"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."-Shakespeare
Have a great day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena