Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Five from Chunks...

So here are five questions from the one and only Chunks...here are my responses:
1. Are you planning on taking holidays this summer? If so, where are you going? If not, what are your plans for entertaining the boys?
We are doing a quick trip to Victoria in July to our friend's wedding. They are having it at a lovely resort outside of Victoria and we are SO excited. The boys (sans Scott) and I are going to Saskatoon in August for my Sister In Law's Reception ceremony. I am really looking forward to this. We will be going to Edmonton(hello Ikea and West Edmonton Mall!!and my sister!!!)and hopefully I'll be able to hook up with a couple of fellow bloggers!
2. You are always so upbeat in regards to your family life. Even when you're complaining, you do it so sweetly (compared to me anyhow!) In your opinion, what is the worst part about being a mom? Wife?
The worst part about being a mom and a wife is giving myself enough time just for me. It seems like I put everyone's needs ahead of mine and at the end of the day I just don't have the energy to do what I had originally planned on doing. I also feel I have lost out on my creative edge. My goal this year is to have more get togethers with friends, do some crafty fun things...make wine again. Enjoy a glass of wine more often!!!! Start fulfilling my needs!!
3. What is the best gift your husband has ever given you? Kids don't count. LOL!
When we got married he wrote out the words to the song "The Voyage" by Christy Moore in a card and sent them with some flowers. In the card he said this song would always remind him of us. It was a beautiful moment.
The Voyage: Christy Moore
"I am a sailor, you're my first mate
We signed on together, we coupled our fate
Hauled up our anchor, determined not to fail
For the hearts treasure, together we set sail
With no maps to guide us we steered our own course
Rode out the storms when the winds were gale force
Sat out the doldrums in patience and hope
Working together we learned how to cope
Chorus:
Life is an ocean and love is a boat
In troubled water that keeps us afloat
When we started the voyage, there was just me and you
Now gathered round us, we have our own crew

Together we're in this relationship
We built it with care to last the whole trip
Our true destination's not marked on any charts
We're navigating to the shores of the heart"
Chorus 2x
Oh and (cover your eyes if you don't want to read Too much Information)...years ago when he found the ol' G Spot...that was an amazing gift!!(We're all girls here!!!)
4. What do you think your kids will be when they grow up? Do they show early signs of career potential? (heehee!)
Shay wants to be a teacher. I can see him becoming this. I'll be shocked if he strays from the straight and narrow too much.Jonas wants to be a rockstar or a Tae Kwon Doe Master.Gavin wants to be "wegolas". (Legolas from Lord of the Rings)
5. What is your favorite song of all time and why? Does it have a special memory attached to it or do you just love it?
My all time favorite song is
"The Lady of Shalot" by Loreena Mckennit. I always loved this poem by Tennyson and when I heard the song it just was the most beautiful song ever! There is mystery, beauty and magic that is associated with the words. I literally get goosebumps when I hear it. It is over 13 minutes long and I have never grown tired of it. I listen to it at least once a week. I feel surrounded by beauty when I listen to it!
Okay if anyone wants me to ask them 5 questions email me and I'll send you my questions...
~Jenny

4 comments:

Chunks said...

The gift of the G. Well, shit, that made me chuckle! hahahaha! Great answers Jenny!

Sharijoy said...

I remember that card on your wedding and thought how lucky you two were to find each other and to share in sooooo much love!!

Gwen said...

Nice post. We call it the "G Force!"

Janelle said...

i would LOVE to hear what kind of questions you would have for me...

 
Designed by Lena