Sunday, March 11, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



Hello Folks, It's that time of the week again...here's my Menu Plan for this week:

Monday: Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs with Roasted Red potatoes, asparagus and a Green Salad.

Tuesday: Meatloaf with Sidekick Noodles, cream corn and a Tomato/Cucumber Salad.

Wednesday: Tuna Melts and a Caesar Salad.

Thursday: Chicken Cacciatore with a Greek Salad.

Friday: Lasagna, Garlic Toast and Caesar Salad.

Saturday: Shredded BBQ Beef with Broccoli Cauliflower salad.

Sunday: Chili and buns

Here's the Recipe for the BBQ Beef from Cooks.com:
SHREDDED BARBEQUE BEEF (CROCK POT)

5 lbs. chuck roast
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
2 c. water
2 3/4 c. catsup
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced

Cut chuck roast in 3 to 4 inch cubes. Combine the beef, brown sugar, vinegar and water in a crockpot. Cook on Hi for several hours, then turn on low. When beef is very tender, remove beef from crockpot and pour off some of the liquid into a separate container. Shred beef with a knife. Return beef to crockpot and add catsup, mustard, onion and garlic and enough liquid beef water cooked in to make a nice consistency (like sloppy joes). Stir to blend. Cook on low until ready to serve. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 to 14 servings.
**EDITED:
The Honey Garlic Chicken thighs are super easy...I am using this chicken wings recipe from Cooks.com and just substituting the Wings for Thighs...
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN WINGS

1/2 cup liquid honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
3 tbsp ketchup
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground ginger

Combine all ingredients in sauce pan. Heat to boiling and simmer for 5 minutes.

Place 3 lbs chicken wings separated into a 9x13 baking dish. Pour sauce over wings. Marinate for 2 hrs.

Bake at 400 F for 1 hour, turning once.

Submitted by: Shannon

As far as Sidekick noodles...(giggles and blushes)
Here's what I'm talking about:

Hope you all have a great week!!!
Can't wait to see the other menu plans!
Jenny

13 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like a yummy, hearty week! The cursive font looks so nice- like a menu from a fancy restaurant! Thanks for coming by my blog- have a wonderful week!! :)

An Ordinary Mom said...

This is probably one of the best menus I have seen all night.

Would you care to share your Honey Garlic Chicken recipe? Your Sidekick Noodles have me intrigued as well.

Yummmy! I am hungry now!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a yummy week!!!!

I would like the Honey Garlic Chicken recipe as well, sounds tasty!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of those who can cook a square meal and have their kids and husbands eat it! Lovely meal plan...

Marcia Francois said...

That honey garlic chicken sounds so delicious. I should do it for a special treat one Friday (I weigh on Weigh-less on Thursdays so I'm very good up to then LOL)

gail@more than a song said...

Ooh, it all sounds so good! Thanks for sharing some of the recipes, those look like noodles that my kids love!

Annie said...

That roast recipe sounds really good, I'm collecting so many recipes it's gonna take months to get them all tried out... love that!
Have a great week.
blessings~
Annie

KC said...

it all looks good to me.
Happy cooking.

Aisling said...

I have chicken thighs on my menu this week. I was going to do them in the crockpot, but this sounds interesting.

Sharijoy said...

May have to switch my roast to your BBQ Beef!!I'll copy that recipe! your recipes sound like you put so much thought into them!!

Jen said...

Your menu sounds so yummy! So many great things. Thank you for posting the recipe for the chicken. I was thinking that sounded delicious and then when I read the ingredients it really made me want to try it! Yum!

Have a great week!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

The barbecue beef looks great! I think we'd enjoy that one. Thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...

How cute, I love the little button you featured. The Honey Garlic Chicken and Roasted Red Potatoes sounds like a real winner. I love potatoes and chicken.

You have some terrific recipe picks. Yummy!

 
Designed by Lena