Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Life Cycle of this Married Couple

Well knock on wood...it looks like we have the paint situation under control. Scott and I went into Ctire to see if they could finally get the paint matched to the swatch.
Before entering Ctire I nudged Scott and said, "when we are in there...you do some of the talking!"
I must digress. Last week when we were in talking to the people in the paint department I was explaining the situation and I looked over at my DH who had a look of pure boredom on his face and I said, "don't you agree Scott?"
He replied, "yah...I don't know...is that how it happened?"
Okay so I fumed. I tried to keep all sense of poise and dignity, because surely, at that moment I didn't have any!
So as I was saying I gave him the "you better be speaking up for mama or daddy's on the couch" kind of talking to.
When we got to the counter we waited for what seemed like an eternity before we found the person we were looking for. She explained that the paint was frozen and they had to remove a bunch of the cans...yada yada.
Then Scott piped up(and I felt proud and happy that he was taking the situation into his own hands) and said, "Okay then who's responsible for our predicament? You or the paint company?"
Then this is when the entertaining part happened. The lady went all apeshit ballistic on Scott.
"If you would....wah..wahwah...let...wadawah wah wah...."
She gave him a talking to. She went up one side of him and down the other.
Both Scott and I stood there...staring and taking it....!!
Why???
We couldn't understand a word she was saying!! I felt sorry for the lady,because she obviously had a really bad day. She was just a kettle waiting to steam over when Scott asked the question. She got herself worked up into quite the fluster that her words became mumbled half said and slurred.
She was stammering mad!!
Before long the manager took control of the situation and told us politely and calmly(she probably would have given us anything to rectify that semi-cohesive slamming)that our paint would be comped. Whatever we needed they would provide for us to rectify the situation.
So as we walked away we were smiling and Scott whispered, "I don't think I was too unreasonable...do you??"
Both of us started to giggle uncontrollably. There was a man who was getting his own paint mixed and we smiled and giggled at him as we walked past like a young couple in lust.
All was well.
Our paint was mixed to the exact match of the swatch. Both of us are relieved. ( Now we just have to repaint the whole wall!!! Oh well, such is life.)
After Ctire we headed over to Rona to look for stains for our bannister. We didn't have any luck with finding the colour we were looking for.
Scott and I were beginning to get under each other's skin. He wouldn't ask the sales associate the price of an item...he said, "I was better at it!"
So I was ticked.
And we kind of snapped at each other.
As we exchanged a huffy remark to one another, who did we see? The same man from Ctire walked by us with a bucket of something. He glanced and gave us a grin.
The happy couple wasn't looking so happy.
After Rona we decided to head to Safeway to pick up a prescription and a couple of lattes.
This is when all went ugly.
In the van Scott did something to tick me off. Seriously I cannot remember what it was, so it obviously wasn't important.
Mama was livid...I stomped out of the van and Scott and Gavin trailed behind me 10 steps. Smoke was raising out of my ears.
Gavin was saying,"mommy's walking fast..."
"Yah...she's not too happy with daddy!"Scott said.
I stomped....I made every step count...
and who did I see walking into Safeway? The wonderful man from Ctire and Rona. He now had a scared look on his face. This married couple had enough.
I forced a smile and stomped my way to fill the prescription. Scott and Gavin trailed behind.
We went over to Starbucks and were waiting in the lineup when I realized that I couldn't remember why I was so huffy!
"I'm sorry baby!" I said.
"No worries." Scott replied and gave me a kiss and a quick tap on the bum.
I looked over.Behind us was Mr. Ctire/Rona Man standing in the lineup. I swear he had a look of pure confusion on his face, followed quickly by some relief.
Now that my friends is the Life Cycle of this Married Couple!

Good night!
Jenny

5 comments:

BluEyedFool said...

OMG, that's so cute and so typical of us too!

Glad the paint situation is all straightened out and your wall will be finished soon.

Hope to see you soon!
Hugs,
Pen

joni said...

HAHAHA lol oh Jenny now that was the best night story i could ever read!! that was soooo funny...i only wish i could read his blog!!! that was so good..lol

Charlene said...

You guys rock! I wish I was that guy! I wonder what was really going through his mind... would be great if he was engaged to be married tomorrow. j/k Thanks for the giggle. So good to hear about the paint! What a relief hey! Just a lot of work ahead now!

Gwen said...

LOL! Too funny! Joni's right, it would be amusing to read his blog. "I saw this totally weird couple today...."

Carol said...

Killing myself laughing at this post! So great! I can almost imagine the look on that guy's face!
GREAT POST JENNY!

 
Designed by Lena