Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Step it Into High Gear



Well my workouts the last couple of weeks have been good. I actually enjoy working out. Today I haven't got it in, but will do one in the next hour or so. Usually I have done it by now.
I am doing cardio(my elliptical) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On these days I do 30 minutes of cardio and then I do my ab workouts on the ball.
On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I do my weight workouts. Every week I alternate between starting the Tuesday with an upper body workout or lower body workout. I do 20 minutes on my elliptical before I start the workout and then I do my upper or lower body workouts which generally last 35-45 minutes. On these days I am working out well over an hour.
Sundays are my day of rest. Which I soak it up big time.
I am hoping to try yoga in the next little while. I took one class on our Wellness Day and I loved it. So if I can get my butt in gear and find out the schedule I will hopefully get to try some classes.
I have also been toying with the idea of doing aerobics on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I'll probably not start this til the New Year though. Then my body will need a new regime.
I haven't been eating after 7 pm which is really tough for me.
It sounds like it's going perfect doesn't it?
Well truthfully it's been a real struggle. I have no problem fitting in the workouts. I actually have developed a real love for working out. Every time I workout I imagine that my heart is growing stronger, my body getting more fit...
But I still struggle with the food. The last 3 days have been incredible for me. I have stuck to my food schedule (that's the only way I can manage eating well is to plan what I'm going to eat).
Last night I wanted to nibble on something terribly. I almost gave in.
My question is why is it such a challenge? I have discovered that I am eating these days to nourish myself, not to feel any emotional desires.
But I still am craving the sugar...oh sweet lovely sugar.............
Anyhow sorry for rambling.
I haven't given up coffee. This is something that I refuse to part with. This being said I must now and have some coffee and some oatmeal.
Have a great day!
Remember we are worthy to give ourselves a healthy body and lifestyle. We owe it to ourselves!
Jenny

6 comments:

Connie said...

oh jenny! i have been doing well now a couple of days! yay! thanks for the encouragement!!! ...by the way, i was born in 71 also!! ;)

Crystal said...

way to go Jenny....I have been doing well on and off for the last couple of days to so we should all be rockin on weigh in day
Blessings

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

WOOHOO WTG For you! I'll keep you in line if you do the same for me :)

Hugs

Julie

Tanya said...

Way to go girl! Keep up the good work. Today...was a good day, hopefully its the start of many!

BluEyedFool said...

Wonderful!!! It's a good feeling for sure. I've just got to get motivation up now to implement swimming a couple times a week to go with the Yoga.

Sounds like you've got something going that works for you and that's a huge step...looking forward to seeing you again to see what other changes have come about!!

xo Pen

Jenny said...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I feel very inspired and motivated these days with all aspects of my life.
This doesn't mean that I have it all under control. I still play mind games with myself, but I am starting to recognize these more easily. I still struggle with no eating after 7. Curious to see what the scale will say on Saturday!
I hope you all are having great days filled with healthy eating and some sort of exercise!
Pretend Oprah wants all of us to go on her show in a bikini!! Now that's motivating! (and scary if I was to go in a bikini...not sure stripper support hose could hold up all my body parts!!!)

 
Designed by Lena