Wednesday, October 18, 2006

35 and Feeling Fine



Generally speaking I let my birthdays come and go without much hooprah. This year I am actually feeling great about this day. I'm 35! I'm alive and kicking! My life is great! I am surrounded by a beautiful family. My love for my husband and our marriage continues to grow and flourish.(he sent me the most inspiring and love filled email this morning...I love when he shares the words from his heart!)I have 3 beautiful boys who entertain me and love me unconditionally. I have a wonderful family that I love dearly. I have amazing friends who teach me new things, make me laugh, cry with me and are there for me when I need them.
I watched on Oprah the other day a clip from a movie that Jennifer Aniston had co-directed. Well I was a blubbering fool. The husband was sitting beside his wife who was on her death bed. I can't remember exactly what he said (okay I know I ruined this Hallmark moment by my crappy memory!)but when asked what the secret was to being married for 45 years he said..."there isn't one". Many people expect the fact that there's a magic pill or button to a successful marriage and when times are hard they don't want to put the work in. Marriage isn't a fairytale, but it's well worth the effort.
I can't wait to see the film. It was inspired by a nurse who wrote in to Glamour magazine saying this moment was life changing for her. Indeed it is.
Anyhow so I am embracing my age. I am embracing the fact that I have a zest for life. I am beautiful, regardless of some external flab that may look a little less than wonderful. But it is who I am. I look forward in being that women alongside my husband til the very end. I embrace the fact that I am a women who is leading the life I want to be living. I have the right to vote. I have the power to change my future. I have choices and the final decision with everything. I grew up as a young girl knowing that I could do anything I wanted to do. I never questioned whether my dreams or aspirations were attainable or not. I could be whatever I wanted to, no questions asked. I have a whole life ahead of me that is only filled with opportunity. My life is my own.
35 is good...not only good, but Amazing!
With all that being said and done, please visit here. We as women should be outraged. Take a moment to embrace your feminism and think of what feminism has done for each of us. Not only do we have the power to change our future, we are our future. Specifically visit Trudi's site. We are women please let us roar!
Now in honour of my day I'm going to have my favourite breakfast ever...oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar, with an extra little spoonful of brown sugar to treat myself!
Have a wonderful day!
Jenny

13 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! Have a great day...enjoy it (I know you will)! You deserve it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my dear!!!!!
i send 35 BIG hugs!!!

Laura said...

What a beautiful post! I love that you are embracing life. I hope you have a wonderful day. Best wishes to you!
Happy birthday,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday dear girl! I hope you have a wonderful year of being 35. When ever you feel down, remember there is always someone older, wrinklier, grayer or grouchier than you. Um, that would be me.

Haha! Have an awesome birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girl......I hope your day is so special......wow you are sooo young......LOL!
Blessings

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WONDERFUL WOMAN!!!

We just keep getting better.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!!!!

May your day be filled with as much sunshine and love as you bring to others!

Hope your day was fabulous and many happy memories made.

xoxox Pen

Lara said...

Happy Birthday! You've got a great attitude so you much be doing everything right, or close enough! I'm having my 35th too in February and I think it will be my best ever!

Lucy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

You are an awesome gal Jen and Im glad that Ive had the opportunity to finally get to know you. Your smile and laughter make me smile. Im so happy that life is going so awesome for you.
hugs and kisses girlfriend!

Adam said...

Happy Birthday Jenny!!!!!!!! I never would've guessed 35!!

mom of 2 said...

Awesome post...amen!!! Happy birthday!!

p.s. thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jenny said...

Thanks everyone! How rude of me not to thank you all for your lovely wishes!

jamie said...

oh, happy birthday, eh!! (a little late, but whatever)

guess I haven't read blogs in a while since there were 54 Mamaliscious entries showing as unread in Bloglines...

I shall try and catch up. Got high speed internet coming on monday so I won't have any excuse anymore...

 
Designed by Lena