Friday, September 22, 2006

Update

Yesterday the weather was absolutely beautiful,but today it is raining on and off. Scott has gone fishing for a few hours with his friend so I have a few hours to have some time to myself. So I'm blogging for the first 25 minutes and then I have a few things I need to get done.
The hockey season for Shay has officially started so that means many days and nights at the arena. I need to buy a couple of new sweater,because my clothes aren't fitting me properly!! Yay!!! I would like to go on a shopping trip to PG, but I don't think I'll be able to do that til the new year sometime. The countdown has unofficially started for our Vegas getway...approximately 5.5 months. I can't wait. It has been so long that Scott and I have had some time away by ourselves (January for 4 days) so this will be amazing. Plus we get to visit with our family so that will be fun as well!! (my sister might be coming as well!!! I have my fingers crossed that she can get the time off!)
The boys are busy with school and friends. Seamus spent the night at his BF's house last night. Jonas is going to his friend's house sometime today. I just have to get Gavin to go hang out somewhere and then I'll have a quiet house!! Just joking. Seriously though...my kid is loud. He's either dancing, banging on his drums, singing at the top of his lungs or talking. He is never not making noise. I am very grateful to have a healthy and exuberant child, but on some days it would just be nice for 10 minutes of quiet.
Josey came home yesterday and said, "mom me and R* had a sort of argument."
"What were you arguing about?" I asked concerned.
"He said that Johnny Cash sings Ring of Fire!" he said "and I told him it was Gollum(from LOTR)!"
"Well sweetie, actually Johnny Cash does sing Ring of Fire, mommy just switched the words to pretend that Gollum is singing it!" I responded.
"Oh...well I'll just tell him in our house Gollum sings it!" he said smiling and walked away.
I must digress. Most who know me knows that I like to change the words of songs. So when the boys first saw LOTR I switched up the words to have it seem like Gollum was in a ring of fire.
"This ring
Is a dangerous thing
It makes
many evil things

I love it
with all my desire
then I fell into
the ring of fire

I fell into the
burning ring of fire
I went down down down
and the flames went higher

and it burned burned burned
the one ring in the fire
the one ring in the fire."
The song continues and we sing it with Mount Doom..etc. So Needless to say Josey thought that Gollum was singing this song. But really...would Gollum sound that good??

Have a great weekend!
Jenny

1 comment:

Lynnie Ha said...

hahahahahahah.... ROFL... that's good. gotta love johnny cash... but i can't quite get my brain to playback johnny cash's voice with gollums body....
~lynne

 
Designed by Lena