Thursday, January 05, 2006

Day 4

Day 4 without sugar and bread. I have been following my workouts faithfully (although it's only been 4 days...talk to me in 4 weeks!) and have been eating healthy. Piece of cake (or rather, piece of cauliflower!)...not exactly. Yesterday I thought I was possessed by some evil, nasty spirit. Scott and I didn't get along too well. In fact, we couldn't be in the same room together. At one point he looked at me and I snapped, "what are you lookin' at?"
"What's wrong with you?" he asked.
"Oh, now there's something wrong with me....typical Scott, just typical!" I yelled.
"Are you okay?" he questioned.
"Okay? Okay? So now there's something wrong with me? Oh you're just something?" I snapped.
"I'll just leave you alone then!" he shrugged.
"Leave me alone? Great I see you care about me! Don't you know that my body aches from head to toe(a tear began to stream down my face) and I am having sugar withdrawals!" I said trembling.
"Oh that explains it..." he said quietly.
"Explains what?" I asked as I walked upstairs to do my workout.
It is only now that I can look back and realize "poor husband".
The joys of getting in shape. I need to go now and do my lower body workout!
Here's a thought for the day:
"A wife is the joy of a man's heart."
~Talmud~
Don't you think Scott thought that yesterday?
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

2 comments:

Crystal said...

It's definately a challenge to get into shape.....the acheing sore muscles, the withdrawl......from everything "normal". The husband who is grumpy cause you are grumpy....oh the joy's!
I am very sympathetic to you, truly I am ....... I haven't got up the nerve yet to start my diet...I am hoping it will all fall off on its own...lol

Harleys said...

Wow - I can't believe I found you today of all days. I am - today - starting my no sugar, no white flour diet. I am going to keep checking back with you for encouragement. So don't let me down, girl. You can do it. By the way, I hope you apologized to your husband :).

 
Designed by Lena