Friday, September 30, 2005

All in a Matter of Time

I could almost be mad at my mom, but I won't let myself. In all honesty I just am not in a "people" mood these days. Everyone is irritating me. It is probably because we have so much to do this month and the burden of it is on myself. I am in a "pity-me" mood. But back to my mother...(I am so glad they don't own a computer, otherwise I'd have to monitor what I wrote!)
Seamus had a hockey practise this morning. Yesterday they were in Terrace to stop in "quick" at Canadian Tire and pop in to our house for their 2 minute and 30 second visit. I told them about Shay's practise and what time it was. (10:15 am)
This morning at 7:32 am the phone rang and Scott rolled over and said, "who the heck is phoning at this time in the morning?" He looked over at the Caller Id and said, "we'll let it ring through it's just your mom and dad!" I didn't argue and we went back to sleep. At 8:14 am the phone rang again. This time for one ring. My parent's don't do intentional one ringers. When they do a one ringer(which is often) it usually means that my dad has sat on the phone. Seriously...so if I phone them back my dad will bellow into the phone, "I DIDN'T CALL YOU!" and even if I try to explain it becomes quite the hassle. Needless to say we didn't phone back.
At 9:30 am the phone rang again and this time I answered. I told my mom what time the practise was (10:15 am) and told them I'd meet them at the arena. (They were already on their way into Terrace)
When I arrived at the arena I had to gear Shay up. I sent him on the ice and spotted my parents. I waved to my dad, (he didn't give me the finger!) and he just gave me a blank stare. I walked behind them and interrupted a conversation about me!
"She didn't answer the phone and I phoned at 8!" said my dad sternly.
"Yeah it was more like 7:30 and we were trying to sleep!" I responded.
"OH...your mom was wondering why you weren't here yet?" my dad answered a little bit embarassed.
"I'm right on time!" I replied back.
We watched the practise and my parents took Shay out for lunch. I went and got groceries and came home. When I got home I noticed that my cell phone was beeping which means there is a voice mail. I listened to my voice mail and this was the message I received (from my mom):
"It's 10 after 10. Bye!"click...
Geez I didn't know that I asked to have the time told to me!! I was angry and when my mom and dad came to drop Shay off I asked what was with the message mom left me.
"Wasn't sure if you knew what time it was!" my mom answered.
That's my parents for me. I guess I feel like they really underestimate their own daughter. Last I knew I owned my own watch.
Oh well!
Besides that nothing else is newsworthy. Josey had his practise tonight and he did very well. I must go now and start with my next two chapters in Biology.
Enjoy your evening!
What then is time? If no one asks me, I know what it is. If I wish to explain it to him who asks, I do not know. Saint Augustine
Jenny

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Sorry to hear that your having such a hard time these past couple of days. I hope that I haven't irritated you at all. You know that you can call me if you need to, even if my parents are here, its not like we're doing anything or going anywhere. I think we all feel too guilty to leave my dad alone. I could kind of tell yesterday that you weren't quite yourself. It will be all over soon. One more month. If you need any help next week with packing or anything, or just want to get together, give me a call. My parents will still be here, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I popped out for a bit. Take care, it'll get better.

LEA said...

Hey lady, I know how you feel right now. I've been having a really hard time latetly. Home sick most of the time I think. I'm having a good time here, but all I do is work really. Steve and I are hoping to change that real soon. And I'm starting to find that the parents thing is the same for everyone. Mine are the only people I know that have the least faith in me, out of everyone I know. Anyways, feel better, and good luck with the Biology.

Crystal said...

Hey there
I do know how you feel. My Mother drives me insane most days.....
I hope that your day is going better.........I know you don't know me but I enjoy reading your posts.

 
Designed by Lena