Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Mistake it Wasn't

I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to write about this particular topic on my blog, but here I am sharing with everyone this particular topic.
The other morning at the breakfast table Gavin dropped a piece of his pancake on the floor and said, "Oh, f*ck!". Shocked Scott and the boys tried to ignore him (thinking they had all misheard him), but Jonas looked over to his daddy and said, "didya hear what he said. The "BAD" word?"
"Just ignore him, it was a mistake!" Scott said.
"Mistake it wasn't he made!" (as Yoda would say: sorry living with my boys in this house I am even speaking like Yoda!)
Within a couple of moments he dropped another piece of his pancake and sure enough he responded by saying, "Oh, f*ck!" Immediately Scott and the boys tried to get him to say, "Oh fun, oh fun, oh fun!" It hasn't worked...
Gavin was walking down the stairs to see Gramma and Grampa when the kitty and our dog was in the way, 'Oh, f*ck!" he mumbled as he walked by them.
"That sounded like he said the "F" word!" my mom said in shock.
"It was...we are trying to curb him of it!" I reasoned.
"Who did he learn it from?" my dad asked.
Both Scott and I pointed fingers at each other. I am convinced that my 2 year old overheard Scott say a few curse words while in a bad mood. He is convinced that I say that word when I am angry or frustrated (which never happens!) and that I am unaware of it. Needless to say, I am completely embarassed that my 2 year old sounds like a trucker. I wonder if I will get the "mother of the year" award for these incidents. We are trying our hardest to try and curb him of this foul language. I will keep you posted on the progress.
Last night he came down into the living room, sat down and said, "bud f*ck". Scott looked over at me and said, "now he's putting words together that REALLY should not go together! Hopefully he'll be cured of this before holidays. I can only imagine how sweet, little Granny will react when her 2 year old Great Grandson looks up to her with a smiling face and says, "oh f*ck!"
This is only a short post. Like I said in the beginning I was leary of sharing this with others, because we are not (overly) a foul mouthed family. However, it is a real situation we are dealing with so I thought I'd share it.
Gotta go, Oh f*ck the cat's getting out the door!
Enjoy your day!
Jenny
p.s And Scott has the audacity to say my son has learned this word from me! How dare he?

3 comments:

Karen Schmautz said...

I really have no words of wisdom other than the obvious...tell him to stop saying it and then try not to use those words yourself (not moralizing here, but I know how kids pick up all our bad habits.) That being said, my first response was to laugh. The thought of a 2 year old using bad language is kinda funny...in a serious way, I mean.

lightfeather said...

You know what? It IS rather funny, isn't it? I went off on a blog on someone else's blog earlier about alternatives to words like that(usually 4 year olds though...you'rs is just advanced LOL) Give him some really super exciting words to make up for that one and say them with great enthusiasm! BOINK seems to work in our family. Make them up if you have too. Then smile. It will make people wonder what you are up to!

Thanks for the laugh!

Playground In My Mind said...

Oh!! yeah, uh huh been there. sigh. So much fun. lol Renee

 
Designed by Lena