Sunday, May 01, 2005

Upside Down in China

Nothing else is new or out of the ordinary for us these days. The weather has been beautiful and much of our time has been spent outdoors. Scott has been busy working lots of overtime, so we haven't seen him as much as we are accustomed to. Yesterday the boys were talking about Tibet and Scott was explaining the reason why the Dalai Lama was exiled from his own country.
Jonas interrupted immediately when Scott mentioned China's interference.
"Oh, I know about China!" he smiled.
"What do you know about China?"Scott asked.
"Well, the people in China all are upside down!" he exclaimed.
"Upside down?" I interrupted.
"Yeah mommy...(while shaking his head), didn't you know that China is at the bottom of the globe so everyone is upside down!" he answered..."Really. I know this stuff!" How can you argue with a 5 year old's theory. Needless to say, we tried to explain that even though you would think that they were upside down, they really weren't.
Seamus got his first 25km ribbon for the Run for Fun program. He was stoked and has been wearing it proudly. Jonas is the least motivated of all. He does what is required. That and nothing more!
Jonas' class went for a field trip to the Corner Store the other day. While there they got to tour the "meat freezer" and get a free cookie. The highlight of his tour was telling his classmates and the tour guide that "his Oma owned her own corner store". He also boasted that "in Jaffray I get to have my own slushie without paying for it!". He said the kids couldn't believe how lucky he was!
Gavin has been up to his old fun and games lately. I asked him the other day if he wanted to be a big boy and try the potty, because only babies wore diapers. He looked at me and said "my baby!" Well I guess I can't con him into potty training!
Nothing else is new or exciting (what can I say?). I am still on my weight loss program, but the results are minimal. Oh well, can't be stressed out about it.
The video store just phoned. I returned the DVD jacket without the DVD in it. So I will leave now and make another trip downtown.
Here is a thought for the day:
"Where there is love, there is life."-Indira Ghandi.
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

1 comment:

Weary Hag said...

I recall so clearly trying to potty train my daughter years ago. I was so frantic about it because I was returning to college and needed to enrol her in daycare at the school. She had to be potty trained in order to go there, and she was to turn three soon! I was complaining about this to her pediatrician who brilliantly looked at me and said "look, she's NOT going to be walking down the aisle in diapers ~ she'll catch on when she's ready." I was so relieved to learn she wasn't "abnormal" and as it happened, exactly on her third birthday, she started to use the toilet and never used a diaper again! Thanks for that fond memory. (ps - it was one week prior to registration for that daycare)

 
Designed by Lena