Thursday, May 19, 2005

May The Force Be With You

My two year old learned two new words yesterday. He now says "Star Wars". All the boys (husband included) are thrilled with his newly aquired vocab. As noted in the previous picture blog my family is thrilled about the new Star Wars movie. Talk about overkill! The whole works of them lives, breathes and eats Star Wars. Yesterday they (husband included) spent "a good hour" having a Jedi Lightsaber duel in the back yard. It is quite the workout. Scott came in drenched in sweat after the duel. I should take up the sport of lightsaber duelling.
My husband just about divorced(I'm exaggerating just a little) me last month, because I went online and found the whole plot to the movie. According to Scott that is a big NO-NO!! It brings back memories of when I read the synopsis on the back of the Great Expectations book and had the whole story figured out. The big "surprise" wasn't a surprise at all. Scott calls this "cheating". I guess I am a cheater. However, my children take after their father and have no desire to know the beginning, middle or the end of this movie. How fun are they? Speaking of cheating, this was the first Christmas that I didn't sneak a peek at my presents. It was difficult, but I showed restraint. Usually I know every single present under the tree even if it means rewrapping a present. I have changed...(this past Christmas at least!)
My husband is a die hard Star Wars fan from "A long time ago...". In fact, him and his brother still have the complete collection of their Star Wars toys. Last week my mom mentioned to Scott that she has a picture of me wearing my Princess Leia hairdo (the ram horns). As fate would have it, I too, took an inkling towards Star Wars as a young girl. Scott was thrilled that his wife had actually wore her hair like Princess Leia's. He even commented before going to sleep, "Isn't that something that you wore your hair like that. Do you think your mom will give me the picture?" Just proves that we were destined for each other. Two geeks in a galaxy of their own.
Jonas got his first 25km ribbon the other day. We had a luncheon at the school and we showed up just as the Kindergarten class were in the middle of their run. Parents were urged to participate, so Scott decided to motivate Jonas. Jonas was not too keen about continuing to run. He had completed the mandatory 3 laps, but to make his father happy he ran 3 more laps. As they were finishing Scott was smiling and I cheered Jonas on.
"Awesome Jose, way too go. You got 6 laps!!" I cheered.
He shrugged, "Oh yeah..."
Obviously he wasn't impressed. Seamus came home from school today full of fun and exhileration. He earned another ribbon for a grand total of 75 km. We are proud of both our boys on their achievements all on their own.
Last night there was a knock on the front door. I went to the door and opened it and there stood my parents. My dad had a half eaten Big Mac hanging out of one hand, with the other half of the burger hanging from his mouth and on his t-shirt. My mom was munching on some french fries. They walked into my living room sat down and ate their junk food. Not a word was spoken. It was 10 minutes before anyone said a word. This is the statement my dad said.
"Well I think we are going to take the dog for a walk!"
They got up and left. As soon as they left I ran up to my bedroom and told my husband of their visit.
"You know, we could make money off of them. They would be great characters for a sitcom" he smiled. Who's he kidding, I think we all would!
We had a brief thunderstorm this weekend. The forecast for the weekend is rain, possibly some sunshine, or in Scott's weather terms a "monkey's birthday". I can't figure this statement out atall.
Nothing out of the ordinary is planned for the weekend. I am looking forward to Scott being home all weekend. I have strep throat (again) and am recovering from a sprained ankle. My ankle has doubled in size and I can't wait til it looks better at least. (who cares if it feels better!) Besides these ailments all is well.
I leave you with this thought for the day:
"The Force will be with you always."-Obi Wan Kenobi
Enjoy your evening!
Jenny

2 comments:

lightfeather said...

I love your little family! Even Grandma and Grandpa. They are straight out of "Everyone Loves Raymond!" Sounds like fun, fun, fun..oh now I am singing Beach Boys!

Karen Schmautz said...

Your family is fun, but the sneaking a peek at the presents would not go over well in my family. heh!

 
Designed by Lena