Wednesday, April 13, 2005

...the Whole Truth and Half Truths...

There are a couple of half truths that my husband does not know about me. Firstly, Scott has always loved my Tuna Casserole. Last week he had a craving and pleaded with me to make this tasty entree. We bargained and he promised to do the after supper cleanup. I agreed. Little does Scott know that my famous Tuna Casserole comes out of a box and takes a whole 5 minutes of preparation time. I smile everytime Scott says, "you sure do make an awesome tuna casserole!" Actually my darling Betty Crocker makes an awesome tuna casserole!
My second half truth was just revealed to my husband last week;therefore, it is no longer an half truth, but common knowledge between the two of us. Last week I prepared to do an at home " hair removal". I couldn't get in to see Angelica my usual waxer and I could see that my upper lip was looking thick and furry. I quietly went into the bedroom and began the much needed process. Before long I had realized that someone had snuck in and was witnessing this event. It was Scott!
"You grow hair on your lip, like a moustache?" he frantically questionned.
"Yah, this stuff works like a jiffy and gets rid of it no problem" I answered.
"You mean...women get moustaches?" he asked again.
"Not all women, but some...mine isn't that bad." I proclaimed.
"Hmm...I don't think I liked finding out you really have a moustache!" he stated.
"Oh whatever Scott...it's not like a man's moustache, it's a few hairs!"
"Is it only you or do all women get hairs "there"?" he asked again.
"Hunny, all woman have moustaches, even the famous ones, you just learn to get rid of the hair!" I said lying through my teeth.
"Oh okay!" he answered and walked away. I think somethings are better left unsaid or unknown.
My third half truth is that Scott doesn't realize how much I spend on my Anti-Wrinkle Cream (which is working, by the way!). The other day I was commenting on how I needed to purchase another cream, because I was running low.
"25 bucks is a lot of money to spend on cream though" I said.
"25 bucks! 25 bucks! You better be joking hun" He answered.
"Well, of course I am. Who in there right mind would spend that kind of money on cream for their face?" I replied. A little white lie...I'd spend 50 bucks on wrinkle cream if it did the job!
"Good...you got me going there for a minute!" he added. Coming from the man who came home from his friend's house the other day with the news that his road bike needed $400 in repairs. Which leads me to the age old question: does it make you ride faster? He's a strange one...but pretty darn cute!
I decided to make Scott meatloaf yesterday for supper. I found an awesome recipe from the internet to make it a southwestern entree (chili sauce, garlic, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 2 egg whites and 1 slice of bread: if you needed to know!). I was very enthusiastic about trying a different recipe. Almost too enthusiastic. As I was chopping the green onions (another ingredient I didn't list) I cut the tip of my finger: OWW! To make matters worse, I cut it with scissors: Double OWW! I immediately phoned my mommy to come over ASAP because of my injury. It took her 17 minutes...and she lives next door!! When she finally arrived through our front yard, she was sauntering like she was going out for an afternoon stroll! I was panic stricken, but after we got it cleaned up and bandaged it looked not as bad as I thought. When Scott came home I showed him my finger and he insisted that I should visit Emergency. So off I went. I waited 45 minutes and had to deal with one HAG of a nurse ("all we're dealing with tonight is sliced fingertips and earwax!). They looked at my finger said that it would heal on its own and sent me home! What a waste of a trip to the hospital. Oh well, better to be safe than sorry! It's funny how when you injure yourself, you keep bumping that particular digit. I slammed the bathroom door on my finger today. How...who knows?
Nothing out of the ordinary has happened with the boys. Jonas asked if he could spend the afternoon with Gramma today,because he "needed a break from our house". I think I need to take one of those breaks. Gavin was up at 3 in the morning. He barrels out of his crib, comes into our bedroom turns the TV on and jumps into our bed. It's getting kind of tiring dealing with this thrice weekly routine.
It is another lovely day. I hope the weather stays this way for a few more days. Probably wishful thinking on my part.
I have been making my 4 boys peanut butter cookies this last week. The recipe can be found on the Peanut Butter Jar and the cookies are delicious. (I have cheated with a "couple few": another strange saying). Here is the recipe:
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar. Mix the ingredients together. Roll the cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Criss-Cross each ball with a fork (my interpretation) and bake for 15 minutes exactly. Great and easy recipe!
Anyhow I must go and take the casserole out of the oven. I also need to do the "ten minute tidy" before Scott comes home.
I leave you with this quote:
"The more you know, the less you understand."-Tao Te Ching
Enjoy your evening!
Jenny

1 comment:

Karen Schmautz said...

Well, I guess your secrets are out now, unless your hubby doesn't read your blog either...my husband only looks at the pictures on my blog on occasion.

 
Designed by Lena