Sunday, April 03, 2005

Lyin' in the Estate

"Hey Mommy" Jonas said while smiling,"didya know that the old guy with the pointed hat died?"
"The old guy.."I began to say before realizing what he was talking about," oh, yes sweetie that was the Pope. The leader of the catholic church who" I was interrupted...
"Yeah, he is lying in the estate!" he answered.
"Lying in state sweetie that means that..." and off he walked. Too much information for my 5 year old. I will ask him what his interpretation of "lying in the estate" is. It should be interesting!
I was saddened to hear of the Pope passing away. I am not a Catholic, but he was such a pure of heart person. I felt an end of an era. I hope that the next Pope will be a good one...hard shoes to fill!
Seamus is officially 8 years old today! Happy Birthday Sweet Seamus!
Nothing else is new with us.
Here is a quote for the day:
"To maintain a joyful family requires much from both the parents and the children. Each member of the family has to become, in a special way, the servants of the others."-Pope John Paul II.
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena