Monday, April 18, 2005

Lowest Bidder

I am in rough shape these last couple of days. I have a bandaged finger and I hit my big toe on the coffee table. As a result of the bang, I have an ingrown toenail that is causing major pain. This morning I was hurting, but I was still determined to go to aerobics. I began the class and everything felt okay. I noticed that I felt a little more uncomfortable in my left foot, rather than the right foot. (my sore toe is on the right foot). I tried to ignore the discomfort and finally I looked down at my feet and lo and behold, I was wearing two different unmatched shoes. I had my walking shoe on the left and my aerobic shoe on the right. I felt like a complete moron...and of course I drew attention to myself by laughing hysterically. The whole class full of woman found humour in the mismatched shoes. How embarassing? When I told my sister of this incident she said, "you're starting to act like Dad!" Has it begun? I sure the heck hope not.
I phoned my bestest buddy Shari today and had to ask her how to put an item on Ebay.
"Hey Shari, how do you place an item on Ebay?" I questionned.
"Not sure...I'll ask Dug, he'll know, what are you putting up?" she asked.
"My husband...lowest bid can have him!" I replied.
"Ohh..."she answered. I then proceeded to tell her of my husband's current episode of "no one in this house picks up after themselves." I then made the mistake of telling Scott he needed to help me put the laundry away tomorrow.
"Did you put any away after you did a load?" he asked.
"No...that's why you're helping me with putting it away!" I shrugged.
Like I said lowest bidder can take him...(for those of you unaware I am only joking!)
Jonas had his cowboy party on the weekend. I got him dudded up in cowboy attire and brought him to the party. One mother commented on "how cute he looked...if only they could always dress like that" to which I replied, "we have relatives that dress up like cowboys everyday".
The woman shockingly gasped, "really!" Never thought that dressing up like a cowboy was so unheard of. Jonas had a wonderful time and told the mother that "maybe he could just stay there on weekends!" (Honestly he has a fun home life, I swear!)
It was a nice day out today. The weekend was wet, wet, wet, but today we had spring weather.
The kids have started their Run For Fun program. Seamus did well today and ran 6 times around the track. Jonas' class practised.
"I don't think I'll be into this running thing!" he proclaimed.
"But Jose, why" I questionned.
"I don't want to break into sweats!" he answered. I have Seamus my highly motivated and determined child. Then there's Jonas...the only way to describe him is...well, Jonas! It'll be interesting to see how many kms he does. Oh well, as long as he has some fun!
I was on the computer the other evening and Gavin was doing the dishes: or so I thought. I thought I heard the "Kikki" (as Gavin calls him) meowing, but I didn't pay too much attention. Finally I looked over and there was "Kikki" sitting in the sink with Gavin washing him. What amazes me is that he didn't scratch or bite Gavin. He cried, but let Gavin scrub him down. The poor kitten.
Anyhow nothing else is newsworthy. Scott is on OT tonight so I am going to put the boys to bed and watch that hunk of a man Brad Pitt on the telly. I rented the Ocean's Twelve DVD and I can't wait until tomorrow to watch it with Scott. Scott doesn't like watching Brad Pitt movies with me, because he says I ruin the movie. I do admit that I gush, "Holy Crap! He's a gorgeous man!" every five minutes, so maybe that is what annoys him. If roles were reversed I would be peeved if Scott gushed over an actress throughout the whole movie, but he doesn't so I am lucky.
Like I said nothing too newsworthy with us!
Goodnight! I leave you with this thought for the day:
"The people people have for friends
Your common sense appall,
But the people people marry
Are the queerest folk of all."-Charlotte Perkins Gelman
Ain't that the truth on both sides of this marriage.
Enjoy your evening,
Jenny

1 comment:

Karen Schmautz said...

Did you say cowboy? Yee haw howdy...a kid after my own heart.

My youngest still likes to dress up like action figures or characters from some of his favorite game boy games. He still wears his batman cape around the house and always has a sword handy...along with his flashlight.

 
Designed by Lena