Saturday, April 09, 2005

It'll All Grow Back

I was pretty busy with around the house chores yesterday afternoon. At one point I saw Josey walking downstairs with a pair of children scissors.
"Just doing a "Must-Do" job" he commented. (a school activity that must be done in kindergarten is referred to as a "must-do" job)
"No problem" I replied.
I went back to my list of chores. Later on in the afternoon Jonas and I were visiting.
"Jonas you look different "I commented.
"Do I?" he smiled.
Something about him looked different. I couldn't quite pin my finger on it...what was it? He had slicked back his hair?
"Your hair?" I questionned.
"Yep...cut it!" he answered enthusiastically.
"Why?" I asked in shock.
"Wanted it to look cool!" he responded. The middle part of the hair is cut right down.
"Well, daddy certainly won't be impressed Jose, please stay away from the scissors and cutting your own hair hun!" I added.
"Okay, "he shrugged, "do you think Gavin needs a cool haircut?"
"Don't even think about it!" I commanded.
Scott came home that evening in a great mood. I had worked extra hard in making the house look clean, because I knew that Jonas' self-inflicted haircut would cause Scott great stress. The way to my man is through the housekeeping!
"Umm...Scott" I began nervously,"Jonas decided to give himself a haircut!"
"A what?...Jonas Damstrom get down here right now!" he beckoned.
"Hi daddy!" Jonas cheerfully exclaimed, "do you like my hair?"
"Oh Jose," he began,"we just got you a haircut last week. You're going to go back to the barber and get that fixed."
"They're not going to be able to fix it!" I added.
"Well come with me and I'll fix it then" Scott bellowed. And off they went where Scott buzzed the remaining bangs right up. He didn't exactly fix it, but I don't have the heart to tell him.
During dinner Scott besieged Jonas with questions.
"Jonas why did you cut your own hair " he asked.
"Because I wanted to. I wanted my hair to look cool" he answered. "Does it look cool? Do you think I look like James Bond?"
"Nope" Scott answered.
"But daddy, it's just hair and hair will grow back!" he replied. Isn't he correct. It'll all grow back. No need to get stressed out over it.
That evening when I was tidying up the playroom I found where the hair cut took place. Lying in front of the TV, where his James Bond Game was still paused on the screen, was the scissors amongs a few locks of Jonas' hair. I think I will hide the scissors in this house!
Nothing else is eventful in our household. The weather is beautiful today. We are taking the boys for a bike ride. We are trying to get Jonas to ride his two wheeler. Jonas is adamant that he doesn't want to. It should be fun.
I leave you with this thought for the afternoon:
"Those curious locks so aptly twin'd,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind."-Thomas Carew
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

1 comment:

Karen Schmautz said...

I remember when my youngest son strutted down the stairs with his new "haircut" when he was about 5. (He had longish hair at the time with bangs.) Well, he cut a window right out of his bangs...he thought it was so cool. I loved his long hair, but took him down to get a buzz cut...the only way it would look decent.

 
Designed by Lena