Thursday, February 03, 2005

Warthogs and Turtles

During dinner last night Josey enlightened us with,"Mrs. Vidal told us that Warthogs had to come out and let us know if it was winter or not! " "A what..."I started to reply, but then cut myself off realizing that Jonas was talking about it being Groundhogs day. Wendy and I exchanged glances and a few small chuckles...aren't kids awesome!!
Seamus got another perfect score on his spelling test. I love my husband dearly but I don't think that Shay got the spelling gene from his dad. Scott was downloading music today and asked me, "Hey hun, how do you spell 'Ray'?" (You've got to be joking)...Luckily he is so darn good looking!!
Gavin is saying many new words these days: 'Gukey' (donkey), 'Schek' (shrek), 'Wawdaw'(water), 'Miye'(mine), 'Meemo'(Neemo),'Ticka-ticka' (stick), 'Stukka-stukka'(stuck) and 'Dupadah' (video game). He is a growing concern and spends most of his day jumping, climbing and convincing me to change movies for him to watch.
It was a beautiful spring like day today. Last night we were having a mini snow storm. I swear the weather is manic depressive. It can't decide what mood to be in!
The boys have big plans for tomorrow. Seamus' friend 'Sidney from Saskatoon' is coming over after lunch. Josey is going 'into town' to visit his friend Rhys. Both are excited for their play dates. Luckily my children have a better social life than their mother!
I found out this afternoon that the 'clan' in the Band (sounds like the song 'the hand in the hand'... anyhow...) that I belong to is the....(trumpets please!!) "Turtle". Isn't that hilarious!! Scott got the giggles. "Aww, Jenny I knew that you weren't a bear or a wolf. You are so much like a turtle!!" And then I got to thinking...(oh no!) what does a turtle represent? Wisdom, slow methodical thinking, age? I had to ask Scott, "You're slow in getting up and getting going," was his response. So much for the wisdom thing!!
Well I must leave now and watch "Vanity Fair" with my husband. I hope that it is a good movie. Probably not DVD-worthy though. (Scott and my code for whether a movie is worth buying)
I leave you with this quote:
The Turtle: "taught us patience, never to give up. Seen as strength and solidarity, old and wise and well respected."-clan descriptions from the Oneida Nation
And I wanted to be a bear...
Enjoy your evening!
Jenny the Turtle

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena