Tuesday, November 04, 2008

That Day Has Come

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."~Martin Luther King

I had pure elation tonight as I watched the election results. I cried when I heard Obama's victory speech. I shed more tears as I watched the young and old, black, white, hispanic, overcome with emotion as they celebrated the victory with their President Elect.
I then thought of this amazing man and the leaps and bounds he made for the civil rights movement.
"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent."~Martin Luther King.
~Jenny

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm not much into politics...but it'll be very interesting to see what the future holds for N. America and the world!

Rox said...

I cried too Jenny! It was powerful stuff, indeed!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree Jen, when I heard that speech I was brought to tears. What a gratifying moment to know that we have come so far and to know that anyone's dreams are achievable:)
Amy

Nin said...

I came here expecting to have to catch up a ton....
aren't you supposed to be posting everyday? lol!

Carebear said...

I was reading your post a long tie ago on all those cosmetic surgeries. I've phoned in sask and a breast job is like 6000$ !!!

Is that how much it is in BC? only 2500-3000$?

 
Designed by Lena