Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Wrong Number

I had some slight computer issues a few days ago. My computer (not the snazzy laptop)had gone to sleep and decided not to wake up as quickly as it normally does. It was tired that day I guess??
So I decided I'd place a call to the computer company and ask the tekkies a couple of quick questions. I found the number online and placed the call.
Gavin came into the room while I was dialing so I was a little preoccuped with him during the first couple of moments of the call.
Basically all I heard was press "9 to continue"...
Then I started hearing some odd conversations,but I was only half listening. I stayed on the phone but was thinking"this is kind of weird commercials to be airing"while being placed on hold.
At this point my son decided that I needed to "help him" in the bathroom. So I was in the bathroom helping my son when I became suspicious that the conversation seemed a little too racy for the average consumer...
Somehow I had dialed an adult sex line. I kid.you.not. The scary thing is I didn't realize my error until a while into the call. I thought I was on hold with the people at D*ell. It was only after some woman came on the line and started to purr or whatever into the phone and I said, "ummm...is this not D*ell?"
"Honey you've dialed the wrong number...are you sure I can't be any help."
Click..........
I pressed 9 though....I friggen hope it isn't a hundred bucks a minute!!
Oy....

5 comments:

Roxrocks said...

Call Telus, you should be able to find out exactly where you called and what the charges are...maybe they'll give you a break if it's big bucks!

Gwen said...

HA! Apparently, a couple years ago Telus published the wrong number for the BC Road Report... and yes, it was a phone $ex number. I believe they had record calls for the first couple days until some outraged person reported it.

D-Ann said...

Ohh Jenny.. That would be so funny but not at the same time. WOw..

Jenny said...

Gwen I remember that...only because my dad found out accidentally(he was obsessed with checking road reports) and then called a couple more times!LOL
Rox, I'm going to call telus this afternoon and see if there was a huge charge...

Janelle said...

ahhh haaa! that's so funny. heheeheee.

 
Designed by Lena