Friday, June 01, 2007

Quick Update

Helloooooooo everyone! I haven't been on the computer too much these days. Lately I have spent most of my time outside in the garden or doing stuff in the house. I'm enjoying my late night walks, followed by sitting on my steps taking in the sounds of the neighbourhood....life is sweet!!
I'm looking forward to another busy weekend with my family. Doing not much of anything. I'm sure in our dailies we will get to see some of our friends and take in the beautiful outdoors. I'm craving a good long hike with the family.
Tomorrow, bright and early me and my bestest neighbour are heading on our big walk. I am not a morning person so this will be a challenge for me. I must admit there is nothing more refreshing than being in the brisk morning air. Feeling alive and rejuvenated!!
Tonight we took the boys for a bike ride and it was fun. Gavin loves biking and it's so cute to see all of my boys just cruising along. My goal for this week is to take them along Ferry Island for a ride with me. Gavin is still slow, so it will be more of a sloooow pedal.
I got the majority of the front garden cleaned out. It is looking good. I have been the lawn gal these days. Our neighbour asked Scott how he "gets the old lady to cut the lawn?"...
I hate that terms "old lady and old man"...derogatory...
My gardens are looking beautiful. Of course a real full fledged gardener would probably tell me that the plants I am loving are most certainly weeds,and ruin my gardening esteem. I think that is probably the reason I haven't posted pictures. All of our bushes are looking pretty. Our Japanese Maple has sprouted since last year and all 3 of the lilac bushes are growing at a steadfast speed.
Gardening simply delights me. Gardening is the true example of hope at its best. Really you put a plant(or seed...but in my case I don't do anything from seed)into the ground and you watch it sprout and grow. You have faith and hope that this plant will succeed and flourish. You believe it in.
Okay...stupid analogy but I was thinking of this as I was out watering my plants tonight. I take my MP3 and listen to my music while I water the plants. Who could ask for anything better? I love it!
I'm a geek!!!
My hubby is one too. A couple of days ago I didn't know where Scott was. I went into the basement and blasting through our mini stereo was the Superman Movie theme song. Scott was on the floor surrounded by the Mega Blocks Dragons Fire and Ice pieces. He had a pencil in his ear(not exactly sure why???) and was whistling along to the Superman instrumental. He was in his pure geek glory. I walked in...commented on the music, and the pencil in his ear(?) and left him alone for the rest of the day. Seriously he surfaced at 5:30 pm to go for a bike ride. Full of happiness and enthusiasm...
A match made in geekdom. Who could ask for anything more!
Phewie, I'm a rambling mudder fudder tonight. I must end this as I NEED to go to sleep so I can be refreshed and raring to go for my walkabout with the Jonemaster.
My dieting is going well, the exercising is in place...just need to start shrinking down.
Good night and this weekend I will be brave and post some pictures of our garden.
Enjoy the simple things in life...
They are what matter!
~Jenny

Mr. Geek himself, as I sit here typing is singing "she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes..."He doesn't know I can hear him...He's so cute!!!(and strange)...

5 comments:

Chunks said...

Oh Jenny, post pics of your garden! I don't know the difference between a weed or a plant! The feeling I get with flowers and stuff is a feeling of guilt..."I'm sorry I'm probably going to kill you!" hahah!

Enjoy your walks and bike rides! You're headed in the right direction girl, keep going!

Gwen said...

Glad to hear things are going well! I'm fixing my garden these days, too, and it gives me such an earthy feeling. So intimidating, though. My sister snorted in derision when she saw my rhodos, but I shall prevail...

BluEyedFool said...

I love watching the garden grow too Jenny and really must get out more often! Looking forward to seeing pics of your garden.

xo Pen

Jenny said...

Oh...I could only manage what your sis would think of my garden...my rhodos are looking fine...but covered under some fine looking clover growth!Going to remedy that as we speak!

Unknown said...

hi Jenny, I read your post tonight and really enjoyed it. I love being out in my garden, we bought Lauras parents house so the garden was established all ready, I just have to keep it up. I am like you tho I am really enjoying everything that is coming up fast I might say and will be able to enjoy it till the fall. Our front garden is a sea of purple ground cover, looks real nice just have to trim off the weeds that are shooting through. Mike and I went on a ride to Pr. Rupert today so will garden tomorrow. Man oh Man is the river ever getting high. I am proud of you for walking I said I was going to walk, but i only walk once in awhile. I only have 6 days left of work so will try and get out every day. I said try. I have really packed the weight on with menopause well thats what I am blaming it on. you have a great Sunday, Sue

 
Designed by Lena