Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Bank Of Wishful Thinking...


The Bank Of Wishful Thinking has granted me an unlimited line of credit with no designated payment plan and 0% interest.
Here's my wishlist for my master bedroom:
I have a couple of choices for linens...only because I can afford to change the look whenever I want. I want the sidetables in the dark wood stain. We'll hang the TV over our fireplace. I'm not sure what colour we'll paint the bedroom....oh wait...don't wake me...I'm still dreaming.......












Back to reality I guess. I would love to have that bed in the picture. I really would love that chandelier. I realize that I want an Indian inspired bedroom...mixed with a good ol' contemporary flair...in other words...a hodgepodge!
Anyhoo...it was good to dream for a bit.
Thanks to Michelle for getting me to think what I would have in my dream bedroom.
Good night everyone!
I'm off to my boring old, uninspired bedroom to try and dream...
Jenny

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Beautiful choices....I dream often too.

Gwen said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I totally love that first carpet, and the red linens, and I'm all over those little side tables. And the chandelier! Holy cow. You have great taste!

Chunks said...

What a fun game! I should try it!

Jenny said...

Hey Gwen, the second pic that looks like a carpet is actually framed tiles from Bombay and Company.
Yes, it's sure nice to dream!

Sharijoy said...

Hey girlfriend Yup Love the carpet.....funny just this morning I was wishing for a windfall!! It wasn't for my bedroom but NOW you got me thinking!!

Jenny said...

Yeah Shari, I've thoughted and thought about the carpet all day...sigh!! I'm going to start saving...might take me awhile.
I've shown Scott all the choices and(for a direction...obviously we can't be buying a new bed) but he likes the general idea.
Now I'll start thinking about a paint colour...

Jenny said...

*thoughted??...I really wanted to put dreamed!!!....Honestly!!

Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

Those are some GORGEOUS pieces!! WOW.. that would be such a haven and sexy too!

Love it!

My current bedroom is the mattress on the floor linens from Sears.. U.G.L.Y.

Oh to dream...

Shan said...

My bedroom is like some kind of warehouse, or a room you'd use to restrain an insane person. Totally white walls, almost empty except for a bed, which has no headboard and no footboard. So homey! So quaint! So je ne sais quoi!

tchuh.

I like the Indian thing too. I had a friend who decorated her entire house using Chintz & Co (you really must click over there and check it out - totally droolworthy) and she decorated her upstairs loft bedroom as "Spice Road" (later rented it as a B&B). Used ten or twelve saris to make a bed canopy and to cover the walls of the adjoining dressing room, so it looked like a tent. You walked in and just felt like doing some kind of sandalwoody, sultany sex dance.

Amazing, what good taste and money can do when they get together.

http://www.chintz.com/

 
Designed by Lena