Saturday, October 28, 2006

What Not to Say...(Men better not read further...I'm talking about MENSTRUATION)

I think this tops what not to say to a menstruating woman...furthermore, what not to say to your menstruating wife:
"Well you'd think you'd be used to having it...you've had it for so long!"
These words were said by my DH after I was complaining of some mild discomfort.
I have to say I have matured in my 35 years of age. Instead of actually throwing an object in his direction (like the time I bagged him with a strawberry...I honestly didn't think a strawberry would drop a grown man to his feet, but apparently aimed right it does!) I imagined throwing the banana that I was peeling in his direction.
Then I just shot him a look and then a mischievous grin that always gets to him...
"what? What did you do?"
And that is my retaliation.
Anyhow Penny blogged about some of Kotex's sayings that they have on their feminine hygiene products.
I think this one from Always takes the cake:
"Have a Happy Period~Always"
Who the hell came up with that saying??? Truly it must have been a man or a promiscuous 20+year old gal who hasn't been using birth control or caution. A man would think that perhaps you'd be happy to be ragging it and a promiscuous woman who isn't on Birth Control will most likely be doing the happy dance when Aunt Flow shows up on schedule...
OY...............................
Nothing else is really new or worth talking about. Tonight Scott and I are heading to Kitimat to see a hockey game!! Yay! I hope it's a good game.
I have been busy these days doing not much of anything. It seems whenever I have the urge to blog blogger isn't being cooperative.
As I told Chunks I'm switching to Beta. I'm kind of tired of trying to post a comment and never being able to!
Scott and I watched "Lucky Number Slevin" last night and today. (us old folks couldn't make it through a whole movie...we had to watch it in 2 parts. The kicker is it was only 9:19 pm and both of us were falling asleep thru the movie!) It was a great movie....thumbs up!
Anyhow that's about all folks...
Hope all is well!
Jenny

5 comments:

Chunks said...

"You't think you'd be used to having it?"

Oh. No. He. Didn't.

Men.

My retaliation would have been a nine iron to the noggin, but I am in perimenopause and am very unpredictable.

Connie said...

a few weeks ago i wrote an entire bloggers essay on the whole topic and didn't have the guts to post it for fear of coming across "your typical whiney woman". truth is, i have every right to be whiney, don't i?!! :) ha ha. and no, i'm not getting used to it either!

Connie said...

p.s. i love the strawberry story!!

Tanya said...

Yes the strawberry story is priceless...I still can't believe that he dropped to the floor because of a small piece of fruit!

PMS...sucks!

Christy said...

I am not looking forward to the day I get my period again...

ugh!

Let me know how the game went!!!!Kitimat vs Terrace is always a good game! And as a former kitimatian I am not sure who I should be rooting for...

 
Designed by Lena