Tuesday, September 19, 2006

This Made Me Cry

I just read this on Google News and had to share. Steve Irwin's daughter Bindi read her own tribute to her father:
Irwin's eight-year-old daughter Bindi was greeted with a standing ovation as she walked on to a stage in front of a large hoto of her father and, smiling, read her own tribute from a sheet of paper.
"My daddy was my hero - he was always there for me when I needed him," she said, tracing the words on the paper with a finger.
"He listened to me and taught me so many things but most of all he was fun.
"I know that Daddy had an important job. He was working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did."
She said her father built a hospital and bought land to give animals a safe place to live and she wanted to continue his legacy.
"I don't want Daddy's passion to ever end," she said.
"I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did."
Bindi said she would miss her father.
"I have the best Daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day," she said.
"When I see a crocodile I will always think of him and I know that Daddy made this zoo so everyone could come and learn to love all the animals."-
The Daily Telegraph

What a remarkable little girl!!



No comments:

 
Designed by Lena