Monday, January 02, 2006

The Start of a New Year

Well the holiday season is over and the New Year has begun. I started off my day by eating properly and doing 30 minutes on the Elliptical. Afterwards I did my stretching and my ab workout!! I have cut the bread, sugar and junk out of my diet.( Oh my what am I going to eat??) I am trying to follow the "Body for Life" program. I will workout for 6 days. Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays are my aerobic days. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays are my weight lifting days. My house is well equipped for working out. I actually don't have to leave the top level cause I have the Elliptical and weights all upstairs. This is convenient. I just need to get a ball(for abs) and I am all set!! Next week I will start the aerobics. I have a couple of friends that go so it's kind of a social thing as well. I am excited. I am tired of being overweight and there is no reason for me being out of shape. Just laziness. I find that I used to use food as a safety net, and now I am aware of this. Wish me luck guys!!
We had a wonderful holiday season. We were all spoiled beyond reason. I got my "Coco Chanel" perfume as well as "Volupte, Intrusion and Alfred Sung". I love perfume and makeup. I also got new makeup, a stainless steel knife block (to match my other stainless steel appliances) a Willow Tree angel, a watch, bracelet, earrings, Texas Hold 'Em poker set, Christmas ornament and a few other things. (the new Sheryl Crow CD)
My husband got new breathable waders, a new shirt, a filet knife, polarized sunglasses for fishing, a pic of him and his brother fishing, a new trout net, new lures, a LOTR game, and a few more things I can't think of.
The boys were spoiled (I think we all were!) They got a video game, computer game, the Deathstar (model) numerous Star Wars guys, some LOTR sets and guys, a star wars playset, some Dragon Fire and Ice sets, a couple of dragons and a castle. The boys also got 9 collectible big Star Wars guys. They were very impressed!! (I got an awesome deal on Ebay for them. $50 for the whole set!) Also more things but I can't remember them all. We also got lots of money if gift cards. I am going to use mine to buy a Sirius satellite radio for the van.
We were spoiled. I don't feel bad that we get so spoiled. We have a large family. I don't use credit to buy our gifts so we don't enter the new year with credit card debt. I start shopping a couple of months in advance. I also don't buy my children lots of toys throughout the year. This year we each brought 5 toys to the Giving Tree. Usually I buy one, but I thought it was better if we all contributed.
I am looking forward to this New Year. We had a wonderful year last year and I cannot only hope that we have the same kind of year.
I hope that Scott and I can go on a few more dates this year. We had an awesome New Years Eve date. We went out for dinner and then went to our friends' house for a Karaoke party! It was fun. On the 17th of January Scott and I and 2 other couples are going to Prince George to see the Nickleback concert. It'll be fun. We have floor tickets so we can rock out with all the young'uns!!
Anyways I wish all my blogger friends a year full of love, happiness and good fortune. I hope we all can stick to our resolutions. I'll be leaning on you when I want to give in for a Tim Hortons donut!! The next couple of days will be hard. I find that when I go off of the sugar I get headaches and feel pretty crappy! It can't be that good for you if your body reacts like that when you stop eating it!! I'll probably bore all of you with my talk of dieting and exercising.
Have a good day!
He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;He who makes one is a fool. - F.M. Knowles
Jenny

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks Trudi,
I had a great day today and yesterday. It really is encouraging knowing that we are both working towards the same goals as far as weight loss. It is great to have that support. If I feel I have someone I need to be accountable to then I'll do everything not to let them down.

Tanya said...

Okay, I have to say this. When I first "glanced" at this picture, I had to do a double take, to see if your hand was where it looked like it was...but its not, close, but not quite there. HA HA!!

Tanya said...

Jason says...Where's your hand??

Jenny said...

My hand could be where you thought it'd be...maybe it's a natural resting area?
I guess this picture could be like the Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets her Christmas picture taken and exposes a "nip".

 
Designed by Lena