Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Off Air


Well the countdown has officially begun: 4 more sleeps and we take possession of our new house!! We are excited. We had a minor situation the other day. The septic tank got pumped and the septic guy noticed the pump wasn't working properly. The owner said he would fix it and sure enough he got a new pump and fixed the electrical for a cost of $949. I am sure glad we weren't hit with that bill as soon as we moved in.
My parents are taking the boys Sunday night and bringing them back for the evening of Halloween.The picture above is from last Halloween. This year Seamus is dressing up as Aragorn, Josey as Darth Vader and Gavin is going to probably go as a 2 year old having a tantrum. (Or maybe a Zebra? We haven't decided yet!)The last 3 years we have taken them to Heritage Park for the Fright night so we have to do the same for them. It's a lot of fun. The first year we went Scott and I jumped and ran (leaving the 2 boys) after a coffin opened and a person jumped out!! It was funny...
I hope the weather cooperates for us. My fingers are crossed. It will be a busy weekend. Josey has another hockey game against Kitimat. This time the Kitimat team is coming to Terrace. It'll be fun. I will take lots of pictures.
Scott has the next week off of work. He was in our house the other day and when he came home he said, "I was standing in the house and I couldn't believed that this was ours!" It's the first time my stressed out husband has showed any enthusiasm for our house.
I won't have internet access or TV (gasp!!) until the 8th of November. Oh my what will we do? (Paint, unpack, organize??) So this will probably be my last post until then. I will post some pics of Josey's game.
Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Enjoy your week! I am going to take lots of pictures of moving day! I am sure I'll have a good story (or two) to tell.
Take care,
Jenny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jenny, you ROCK!
Thanks so much for the tip on stopping the auto-replys in my comments.

Good luck with moving day. I hope your new home brings the feeling of a warm blanket, on a cool night.

 
Designed by Lena