Saturday, August 20, 2005

Getting...

I am the person in my family who everyone turns to when there is a problem or disagreement. Today my mom phoned me sounding exasperated. "Did you talk to Amy today?"she began.
"Not yet!" I cheerfully answered (I talk to my sister almost everyday) "Why?" I questioned.
"Well...she phoned me and wondered when I was 'Getting' her ticket (plane) to come home for Christmas!" she answered.
"Uh-huh..."I acknowledged.
"And I had to tell her I am not 'getting' a ticket by paying for one. By 'getting' I mean I am going to get one through Air Miles!" she proclaimed.
"Does it matter how you 'get one' for her?" I asked.
"She phoned me and said 'mom you should hurry up and get the ticket so the seats don't get booked' and I said, 'Amy I am not 'GETTING' a ticket..."
"Mom, "I interrupted, "you should have said you weren't purchasing a ticket, because theoretically you are 'getting' her one!"
"Well I meant I am using my Air Miles and not paying money for one!" she answered.
"I don't think it matters to her how you provide her with a ticket, she's just worried that there will not be any seats!"
"Yeah, well tell her yourself that I am not paying for one, but I will book one through Air Miles on Monday" she huffed.
"Will do Mom!" I cheerfully answered.
I hung up the phone and thought to myself," that was a pretty strange conversation." I can't wait to talk to my sister and share it with her. I can't quite see the logic of my mother. Gotta love family!!
I have been working out really hard all this week. I have lost 3 pounds in total. I now do 10.08 kms on my elliptical trainer in 30 minutes!! I have also been doing the weight training. I am still recovering from my lower body workout from 2 days ago. Walking up and down the stairs have been brutal. No pain, no gain right?! (I sure hope that proves true!!) I am also happy to report that I have been able to do my workouts without an audience!! Applause please!! I won't speak to soon, because whenever I open my big, braced mouth I jinx myself. My fingers are crossed...
The boys have been busy doing not much of anything. Seamus had a sleepover at a friend's the other night and tonight he is going "Cosmic Bowling". I love going into the bowling alley during Cosmic Bowling, it brings back memories of having a night life!! The only night life I have now is one that happens by accident, by staying up way too late because I have spent too much time moisturizing and cleansing my face. The joys of growing older!! My friend phoned us the other night to tell us he was in Whistler staying at the same hotel we all worked at in our youth. After we talked and relived some old memories he phoned back again to thank me for taking him under his wing and introducing him to everyone.
"You knew everyone Jenny and were such a social butterfly!" he commented.
"And oh my dear, how times have surely changed!" I answered.
We were in Walmart the other day (Oh my, what a shock!!) and we were looking down the Rubbermaid section. (Like I said what exciting lives we lead!!) Scott, Shay and Josey were heading up towards Gavin and I. In between the two groups was a woman who looked familiar. Immediately I realized she was a mother to one of Josey's former classmate.
"Scott..." I began to say before being interrupted.
"Hey, Scott, Scott...here Scott, o'er here!"Gavin chimed.
"Oh..."the lady began, "I always assumed that all your boys had the same daddy!"
I stood there confused.
"Hey Scott look here!"Gavin yelled as Scott drew near.
"Oh...they do have the same daddy, but my 2 year old has decided to call him by his first name!" I answered.
"Oh!" she looked shocked. I probably should have let her believe that they had different dads,because I bet that caused her more discomfort than the other thought!
Yes, for whatever reason my 2 year old has decided to call me (some of the time) Jen, and his daddy (all the time) Scott. We have tried explaining that we are mommy and daddy, but this is what he has decided to do. I do hope he outgrows this phase!
Anyhow, I must get ready to take my oldest to his partay!
For all you lovers young and old, this quote is for you:
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."-Nietzche
Congratulations L and S!!
Have a good day!
Jenny

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena